Han Solo In Carbonite prop… going under cover...

Thanks again for the good words guys! I know this is a big prop and you would need to get creative in tight spaces. I like the idea of the coffee table :) I've even seen a smaller table version, from the head to just the knees. Very cool.

@ NeoRutty, finding the time at the moment is my main challenge to offering these castings, they are very time consuming to make. I am hoping when things settle down with my work, I can cast some and put them in the JY. I'll ding this thread when I do.

Last edited:
Hi Darth,

Not sure why you are doing this when the one you scratch built looks 1000% better in my humble oppinion. In any case I am sure with your talent this will be amazing as well.

Hi Darth,

Not sure why you are doing this when the one you scratch built looks 1000% better in my humble oppinion. In any case I am sure with your talent this will be amazing as well.

Thank you for that compliment Darthsideous. The scratch built one I did was a great sculpting project but, in my mind, it will never be as right as the original. I have a hard time satisfying my nutty HIC obsession. To me this was the ultimate sculpt along with the panel parts I've made. Until we find out what more of original parts were made from, I can rest a bit :)

Thank you for that compliment Darthsideous. The scratch built one I did was a great sculpting project but, in my mind, it will never be as right as the original. I have a hard time satisfying my nutty HIC obsession. To me this was the ultimate sculpt along with the panel parts I've made. Until we find out what more of original parts were made from, I can rest a bit :)

I'm glad your are obsessed! I am looking forward to this thread and am hoping I can ask you questions when I start my Yoda in Carbonite this summer. I've already purchased your side panel kit. I don't have room for Han, but hopefully I can do as nice a job as you did in a smaller scale for Yoda. As always wonderful work.

I'm glad your are obsessed! I am looking forward to this thread and am hoping I can ask you questions when I start my Yoda in Carbonite this summer. I've already purchased your side panel kit. I don't have room for Han, but hopefully I can do as nice a job as you did in a smaller scale for Yoda. As always wonderful work.

Thanks! Any questions you have feel free to ask. It will be awhile before I will have time to build another box frame and panel set for this. When I do, I'll light this thread back up. I have grand plans for my next full build!!!

wow, you are amazing mate. I am having trouble at present with a fibreglass HIC and need to fix the whole han as the detail is terible. Your photos have insprired me .

cheers Jason

I have seen quite a few people asking for castings and not finding any runs. I will be starting an interest run thread in the Junk Yard next week. I have been so busy this year I have not been able to do much prop work, but things are slowing a bit to where I can take the time to do some castings. I'll post here with the JY link.

I am also starting my second HIC block which I plan on adding some tricks too. should be an interesting build.

Here are some pulls from my mold of this casting. They will be Urethane rubber and the body cavities will be filled with expandable foam. The head hands and toes will be ridged foam and the body will be a flexible foam so it can be rolled and shipped.

Last edited:
Wow! That looks really clean and well done! If I didn't already have an Illusive Concepts and another HIC front panel, I would definitely jump on one of these when they become available in the Junkyard!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back