Han Solo In Carbonite prop… going under cover...

that is looking really great. This is like my unicorn prop if I had room for it I would have already made it work but hopefully soon I will have a HIC of my own. Again grreat job so far

Its the attention to details... Adding the scar... Beautiful work! :)

The drips out of the mouth are actually VERY VERY creepy looking...

Thanks Sofaking, The scar was already there though. This was a licensed prop that was molded from an original LFL prop. So that's Harrison's face. It was too bad I had to rework so much of it. You'll have to do one after you finish that sweet Falcon cockpit. :thumbsup

that is looking really great. This is like my unicorn prop if I had room for it I would have already made it work but hopefully soon I will have a HIC of my own. Again grreat job so far

Thanks Wariwen, it definitely takes up some real estate but well worth it if you ask me.

I guess this will be the last installment for this thread. I have finished the restoration and completed my mold. The IC cast is safe back with the original owner on the other side of the country. Big thank you to Jeff for trusting me with his IC casting, it took a leap of faith for sure :) I now have a mold to make my own copy from.

I did finesse the left hand a bit more, smoothed it out and added some knuckle wrinkles.
0153_zpsc9f15e9e.jpg

017_zps960502aa.jpg

018_zpsb4be00d2.jpg

0192_zps9cfc5cc9.jpg

0202_zps37d8b364.jpg

Another angle of the face.
IMG_8756_zps97f3adc7.jpg

Applying the silicone for the mold
031.jpg

Finished!!!!!
032.jpg

I wanted to show you guys why I needed to strip this casting down to the bare fiberglass cast before I made my mold. This is a comparison of a cast I have of a face I got on ebay years ago from a non stripped IC, which is real nice, and a cast I made of the striped version. These are good shots of the top of the hair to see what kind of detail was unearthed by removing all that paint.

Unstripped
009_zps585b01ab.jpg

Stripped
010_zpsdaf1c259.jpg

Last edited:
That's a hell of work! Impressive. Fantastic job. Congrats
Besides the main re-work job I guess the attention to the small details makes all the difference. Love seeing the work's evolution - thanks for the thread

Any chance of getting a pic with the reworked frame/case? I know the owner was working on that (stated in your OP), I am very curious!

Last edited:
Hi ! a bit off topic but, I Just acquired a "Han Solo In Carbonite" and someone tells me it is a copy!!!! Included is Illusive Concepts COA #450/2500 I wasn't aware of possibility of Copies of Copies...This Piece is missing the (8) side panels and Plaque and is "Hollow" with back open...But Due to size, I though faking One would be prohibitive...any thoughts or information? I have compared all other features of this and is is spot on...(but slightly short from height specs)The Condition and manufacture Is amazing! Thanks In advance!

Kenny, I do know someone actually did a full size casting of the entire block. If you want to post some pic's of what you have I'm sure we can let you know if yours is an IC or a copy. I do believe the side panels on the IC were just screwed on.

I doubt it is a copy, but post some photos. Is it covered in a thick glossy clear coat- like most originals? Do you have screws on the sides like an original?

What is that material you used to resculpt/smooth the face? It appears to be clay of some sort. Does it harden? I will be starting a HIC and will need to fix a few things.

What is that material you used to resculpt/smooth the face? It appears to be clay of some sort. Does it harden? I will be starting a HIC and will need to fix a few things.

I used Super Sculpey. I was able to cure it with a heat gun after the sculpting was finished which made a permanent repair. It worked out nice. Nothing pulled off when I removed the silicone mold I made, so the adhesion was nice and strong.

Any updates on this project? This is one of my dream pieces. I live with a wife, kid and 3 dogs in a small condo right now, so I'm a ways off from having room for one... but maybe by the time you're selling casts in the JY? (This is a subtle way of saying you should sell casts in the JY_

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back