Mondo Posters & General Poster Art Prints discussion

17760008_10100853134808003_9113302908138313921_n.jpg

curious....is mondo posters no longer popular and in demand?

check lout there website recently and posters been sitting there for days not being sold out...a year ago..things sold out within a minute

check lout there website recently and posters been sitting there for days not being sold out...a year ago..things sold out within a minute

my guess is that the secondary market for these has dropped to the point that ebay profiters aren't buying all they can anymore.

Still plenty of them that do sell out. The current Guardians print is a timed run. I think it's also because there have been more pop culture limited run posters popping up, also spreading out some of the artists than Mondo used to collaborate with. Still, a lot of their SDCC variants sold out, and the non-variants that went online also sold out.

In my opinion, the quality of Mondo's poster releases dropped drastically after Justin Ishmael left. He was the creative director and CEO of the company up until around 2015. Used to be, I'd see a release I just HAD to have at least once a month. Now adays not so much, I think I've made maybe three poster purchases over the last two years. Mondo is still super successful, and they still regularly have prints that sell out almost immediately, they've just started removing the listings from their product page once they're all gone.

I have to agree that the secondary market is pretty rough. I have tried to sell a couple from my collection and I just can’t move them. And, no, I am not looking to make a profit or even break even. I am listing them way under what I paid. Heck, I have a Printers/artist proof Avengers one listed here in the Junk Yard and I dropped the price by about 50% of what I paid, but still nobody wants it. This market seems like the comic books of the 90’s... only going to be worth the price of the paper.

Here is one of my most valued Jaws-memorabilia possessions: It is absolutely the only item in the world autographed by BOTH Jaws-artist Roger Kastel and Allison Maher who was the model who posed for Roger's photographic source reference for the swimmer. I verified this with Allison who told me she had never signed anything related to JAWS to her memory. This poster is an original one sheet used for the 1975 theatrical release, and was hanging on my wall back in the eighties when I was a teenager. I scanned it at super high resolution and digitally removed all visible wrinkles and folding creases in Photoshop. Both signed it in identical gold sharpies. Truly a one-of-a-kind.
Plus it has the sentimental value of having adorned the wall of my childhood. Thought it was worth adding to this thread.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back