RS Prop Masters ANH stomtrooper build: 2 sets of armor: 1 full PVC kit+helmet, 1 ABS

Re: RS Prop Masters ANH stomtrooper build: 2 sets of armor: 1 full PVC kit+helmet, 1

We need a NSFW in the thread title... cause John is right! That is some sexy stuff!

:lol

It is, right? All the right curves in all the right places. :D

Here's the torso and one arm fully finished:
6402210621_16b33ca8e0_b.jpg

6402203195_af2b14391e_b.jpg

Next up: the left arm, and then the leg parts.

I can hardly find the appropriate words to describe how much I am enjoying putting this armor together... it just rocks, like hard.
I am surprised how much I like the "inaccurate" high gloss and pure white.

Re: RS Prop Masters ANH stomtrooper build: 2 sets of armor: 1 full PVC kit+helmet, 1

beautiful :love

This looks amazing. I may just have to get one of these. Incredible. Nice work.

That is beautiful! I would eventually love to get one of these as I'm sure they're outta my price range at the moment. But I also have no idea how to get one anyway. Oh well, great progress!

Loving this armour more and more.
Saw a full set of this armour at the recent prop party that Simon mentioned and it really is that good in real life too.

Excellent work.

Very nice build buddy, loving it. Makes me want to star another :) My suit was thrown together very quickly for an event, not had time to sort it properly yet.

Thanks guys!

Rob, this stuff has so much personality/attitude it's almost creepy.
This newest pic just screams ANH to me, and it's just the parts I finished so far piled up on my old cinema chairs...

6410545471_cdc492f2d4_b.jpg

Obviously, the belt is only roughly cut, not yet angled at the corners and held in place by white gaffa tape. And the detonator is missing the metal clips, because I haven't found the correct screw heads to attach them with.

This will look killer when finished and worn/displayed on a mannequin.

This is amazing, the most screen accurate ANH replica suit I've ever seen. Nice work.

What are the two rivets/fixings on the bottom edge of the chest plate?

What are the two rivets/fixings on the bottom edge of the chest plate?

Those are the 2 screws for the middle chest plate strapping bracket.
It's the prop/screen accurate way of holding the torso parts together: 3 wire brackets internally fixed to the bottom lip of the chest plate, with 2 screws each, heads painted white.

Freeze frame some stormtroopers on the ANH BluRay and you can even see the screw heads in the movie. They are, among other source material, also visible on the well-known stormtrooper cardboard standee (the hero trooper with the SR-14).

Great stuff, thanks for the info. So those brackets prevent the ab plate from riding up over the front of the chest plate?

I really want a set of this armour in the correct gloss ABS, finished with all the movie accurate strapping and fixings. It looks incredible. :thumbsup

The brackets hold together all the torso components, it's one clamshell if you will.

BTW: I just finished the PVC thigh pieces today.

6413006439_e9feb3f298_b.jpg

I had to "improvise" on the left (looking at the pic) thigh, because the original halves do not really match up that well - not a cast flaw, just original ANH quirkiness!

So the thigh bottom detail strip covers up that it does not really line up on the lower lip, and I slightly cut off a bit off the top to have a smoother line... not too happy about the angle I cut it off, but oh well...
I can live with it.

Amazing work soldier !
I can´t wait to see you and R2Dan live and together in your suits.

could you post a picture of all the internal fixings and strapping? You're doing an incredible job, love the attention to detail. Can't wait to see it completely finished.

Man your a machine!! I wish I had the spare time you have to finish mine. It's looking great!!

Ben

Yeah, right now I am taking my time in the evenings and on the weekend to finish this beauty.
Once I get started, I have to force myself to stop. :D

I'll see if I can post a pic of my internal strapping system later.

What you guys don't see is that he spent weeks getting all the strapping materials before he even had the armour. The strapping brackets were done by me, just in case anyone would need a set ;)

What you guys don't see is that he spent weeks getting all the strapping materials before he even had the armour. The strapping brackets were done by me, just in case anyone would need a set ;)

The preparation for this/these build/s have been long indeed. Good preparation is everything! Now I can just happily trim, glue and finish all parts and just hammer my rivets and all that stuff in without having to wait.

BTW, I can recommend this guy Dan's brackets. He makes them by hand and with loads of manly love. :lol

OMG! You have done a super job with the armor. I wish my armor building skills were like yours, but I'll probably have someone to build me a set........when I can afford it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back