Donor kit list per each film

Heh, hopefully I'll have something new to show soon.

I just want to say in closing that this place has always been a research forum. It was created to preserve the research being done at a time when there was a very real risk of threads dropping to the bottom of the stack and lost forever, because there used to be a hard thread limit in every forum.

And not only is there a wealth of research information going back more than ten years here, but there are very active, incredibly collaborative research projects going on right here, right now.

The idea that somehow research should be happening at another board instead is antithetical to the charter of this forum. And the fact that much of the research posted at that new board has actually been "borrowed" from all of the hard work that has been done here over the years is a testament to that fact.

NOW that is something in a premium membership i would pay for . Of course I would pay someone for a complete kit list to the SS sandcrawler and ATAT any day. Having the kit list is only 10% of the project. You still have to have the money, time, planning, time , research, time , money , space , understand wife .
Not even having each kit part identified to each model either . Just a good list of models used in each era of builds would help others.
I enjoy reading the incredible 5' falcon ID thread just to learn about it. May never build it in my lifetime , but with the knowledge of the kits I might help someone else out if i found a good deal on a kit or something. After all I would love to help someone else out , and would require no plaque saying I did so.

-James

makes me happy that those threads are still getting some attention. there haven't been many posts there lately, but i DO keep updating the first post to hyperlink new kit scans when they become available.

I would just want to say that yes the iformation that predominately makes up studioscalemodelers.com has been 'borrowed' from all over the web.
I like to believe I always give the appropriate credit to whoever something comes from.
If I have not then I am sorry & will start going through everything to ensure it is.

I just tried to build something for everyone that was a little different, at the time, anyway...

EDIT

So the point was that its no problem for the rpf to follow any leads on structuring the site.
I developed my site from what I learnt here from beaz & the original crews here.
RI, Frank Cerney's site & all the rest to build what it is now.
Maybe its time for the rpf to spend a little more time redevoloping to house all you have in a more organised manner.
Thats all I tried to do.
There is soooooo much information in this site its incredible.
The sites been here for over a decade but has changed little.
The members keep asking for new areas but keep getting denied.
I have to admit its more work & with all of what is here would definately take a while.
Studio Scale Modelers is here to stay & if a little of what Ive done & try to do is rubbing off then Ive done what I set out to do.

These sites help me in my modeling endvours as any one else so Im all for progression & development.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back