Slave to a Rhythm (with no grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Cowen

Sr Member
Its time to delve into the mind boggling enigma that is Slave 1, I will be openly standing on the shoulders of giants with this build. As we all know there is a small group of genius that have brought us this far with Slave 1. No need to roll the names off as we all know who they are. Its my obsession with wanting to paint this model that has lead me to crazy idea of trying to build it as well.

This wouldn't be possible without an awesome array of effort and talent, none of which is mine. The final decision for me was Jason's bringing to the table of the hull pulls, from my experience with the A wing I think I just may be able to pul something off that resembles Slave 1 and I intend to do it as much justice as possible especially knowing the work that has already been put in by others.

I've already stared the wings and have been collecting kits for a while so hope to get a decent chunk done before Xmas kicks in.

I know I cant be alone in this task and it would be great to hear from others that will be taking on this task so we can bounce idea's and cry on each others shoulders. For me its a grail and one I will not fill full of wine just Donors

This will be a long slow build, but a fun and demanding one.

Good luck mate... I thought I was crazy with the 5 fter. I wouldn't go near this one. I'd end up in a looney bin.

Get in there Guy, you'll pull it off. Cant join you sadly, you know how i feel, but i really hope, Jason, and yourself pull this one off, really wanted to jump in with ya bud, but, cant really look at this prop anymore, i KNOW, between just you two, you'll nail it.
Lets face it, im getting married next year, so with the recent mention of an SS ATAT to the other half, well, the Slave One has already caused a few tiffs hehe!

lee

Well, I bought Allan's fiberglass layup Richard did. But work and other issues keep bumping the building of stuff. So, if you'd like I can help a little. I've gotten pretty far into this donor-wise, but the armature and basic understructure are still a mystery. Watching Moe's build of the underside helped a little to understand what's going on. I still can't make out much of what's going on in the wing wells or cockpit. I mean, some major things are understood, but details are sketchy.

Simon, I may end up in the loony bin also mate!

Lee, you'll just have to make it up to Elsa with a lovely Honeymoon, maybe Norway, there's some lovely remote places, cough cough.
I know how you feel about it mate, so I'll build it on your behalf mate, may be jumping the gun as yet anyhow, When the hulls arrive I'll relax then get stressed :lol

Scott, Pm sent mate, be good to bang heads with this build mate, looking forward to it.

Thanks to Jason again for even bothering to put the extra effort in to make this work.

I'm juuust dumb enough to dive in without thinking! Let's do this! I'm looking forward to the few mouth breathers who will point out our inevitable errors!

I'm juuust dumb enough to dive in without thinking! Let's do this! I'm looking forward to the few mouth breathers who will point out our inevitable errors!

Sounds good Jason, I can take all manner of "thats wrong" I'd be happy with a 50% right Slave than no slave at all. Just make sure you brain rack openly mate :lol

I really really am looking forward to this more than any anything I've done before. Well aside from Lighting a fart in Diana Ross's house, "Shameless namedrop" :love

Well, responsibilities come first - gotta finish the Y-Wing and am still juggling the Blimp project... but I can certainly start little sub-assemblies on the Slave 1, here and there... there's always a little down time to be had when something is drying or curing!

Get in there Guy, you'll pull it off. Cant join you sadly, you know how i feel, but i really hope, Jason, and yourself pull this one off, really wanted to jump in with ya bud, but, cant really look at this prop anymore, i KNOW, between just you two, you'll nail it.
Lets face it, im getting married next year, so with the recent mention of an SS ATAT to the other half, well, the Slave One has already caused a few tiffs hehe!

lee

Thanks for the vote of confidence mate. I'll try n keep it neat as well :lol

Well, responsibilities come first - gotta finish the Y-Wing and am still juggling the Blimp project... but I can certainly start little sub-assemblies on the Slave 1, here and there... there's always a little down time to be had when something is drying or curing!

Its not good enough Jason, your slacking already. :lol

Reaaaaally looking forward to seeing this develop. You guys are amazing. With these Slave 1 builds and the AT-AT plans there's a lot to look forward to and well, strive for....

Can't wait to see the first pics. Good luck!

Marvin

Reaaaaally looking forward to seeing this develop. You guys are amazing. With these Slave 1 builds and the AT-AT plans there's a lot to look forward to and well, strive for....

Can't wait to see the first pics. Good luck!

Marvin

Thanks for the vote of confidence Marvin, it'll be slow but worth it I think :cool

I just started making a vac plug for the Entex door part. I'm going to scratch it for now, and see where things are at when its ready to assemble (a long way off).

Slavestart.jpg

You go Guy......thats a tasty part for forming you will have no problem
with that shape! Thats like taking candy from a baby.....ah you got a former
yet?:lol

Hi Guy,

Good luck with this one. Another ship I'd like to conjour up for myself. After what you pulled off with the A-wing this should be a walk in the park...(Okay, its going to be a pretty BIG park, and a long walk, )...but you will prevail :)

Just seeing you paint up a Slave 1 will no doubt be a master class. I'll stay tuned on this one for sure

Cheers
Nick

Yeh Mike, Ive a small former I got from ebay last year or so. Its OK nothing major but enough to get these smaller parts done. I've only used it once for the top part of the A wing but the results where great.

Nick, thanks mate. The A-Wing was a real learning curve for me, I sometimes forget the work I put into it to get it looking the way I did. I had it out last night to get boxed up for the weekend and it still blows ME away knowing I did that.

As for the Slave it will be tough, a lot tougher than the A-wing for sure but I wont let it beat me and have great friends here and across the pond that will be a support and help when I need it, so onwards and upwards. As for painting it, thats the drive I have to build the sucker. Its on my bucket list.

Al, I think your coping extremely well on your own there mate. You'll have built and painted the complete ship before I get one wing done for the slave mate :behave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back