OK, back to some ID'n.

So far for the outer hull I have

Tamiya Geopard
Tamiya 222
Tamiya Vosper
Hasegawa Leopold
Tamiya SU-85
Tamiya Lang

Been looking for these, if there are any suggestions let me know?

ID3.jpg

ID4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in total shock, the Cast Entex doors ( I was very Kindly sent) just arrived and I've placed my Vac formed and cut door pulls over them to see how off I was!!!

Now I thought it might be close ish, but never expected this.....Maybe I'm getting a better eye than even I could hope for, better not loose my glasses. I'm really chuffed with myself considering I'd never seen a set of Entex doors in the flesh and only had the ref pics to work with.

WingPull1.jpg

WingPull2.jpg

Last edited:
Guy just saw this, its ridiculous how close you got, well done and great eye bud.
Id want to use them just to say " i made those " lol.

Lee

Guy just saw this, its ridiculous how close you got, well done and great eye bud.
Id want to use them just to say " i made those " lol.

Lee

Thaks Lee mate. I think I'm going to go the whole hog and finnish them, then make my mind up. Seems a shame to go this far and stop. funny thing is I now feel like a cheat as I have the castings to work from :lol

**** you're either a Jammy git or a genius. Ya might as well change ya name to "prototype Cowan". Is this the same Guy that Gobs on his models for paint effects?

Must be those special agent Joe-90 glasses mate, giving you extra special modeling ability:lol.
Seriously, unreal on the vac door guy, very uncanny mate, well done.
Stu

**** you're either a Jammy git or a genius. Ya might as well change ya name to "prototype Cowan". Is this the same Guy that Gobs on his models for paint effects?

I heard at the weekend that coffee among other things have played their part in Guy's weathering process...and they look darn good on it too..(y)thumbsup

Must stop lookin at this thread...put stuff on ebay..buy slave hulls...I've got voices in my head...

Phil

Cheers all, I guess I'm a Jammy Genius Simon :lol:lol:lol

I know there are ways of using vector files and software to map this kinda stuff out but knowing it was all done by eye alone has really given me a boost re building stuff.

Stu, the secret is Oakley Frames mate :lol

I know this really isn't that much to some and lets face it making the bloody hulls in the first place is a work of art but for my second ever go at Vac Formin, well even I cant say farer than that as a result.

Phil, dont forget the curry also, tika masala makes great rust, and the odd crescent moon mate.

I think you should get the hulls, seriously be great to have 2 slaves on the go 45min apart from each other and I can come n copy what you do :lol, now that would be ace

Cheers all, I guess I'm a Jammy Genius Simon :lol:lol:lol

I know there are ways of using vector files and software to map this kinda stuff out but knowing it was all done by eye alone has really given me a boost re building stuff.

Stu, the secret is Oakley Frames mate :lol

I know this really isn't that much to some and lets face it making the bloody hulls in the first place is a work of art but for my second ever go at Vac Formin, well even I cant say farer than that as a result.

Phil, dont forget the curry also, tika masala makes great rust, and the odd crescent moon mate.

I think you should get the hulls, seriously be great to have 2 slaves on the go 45min apart from each other and I can come n copy what you do :lol, now that would be ace

You dare waste the Masala and curry on a model shame on you Guy!
My mothers side are all from Jamaica.......so what curry blend are you
using.........or do you make up your own! LOL LOL:lol

Home made curry Mike, not a chance it would be the last thing anyone would eat. I can make you a great cup of tea though :lol

Been Wing fiddlin tonight and it looks like there may be quite a bit of shrinkage on the cast Entex Doors, thats not a moan, they are extremely well cast but the BT46 part across the top of them just wont line up with the handle unless I trim the Bt46 part. My lense has died on my Camera so cant show what I mean at the moment. Its not a biggy as I will still try n scratch my own but it has got me head scratching at what to do.

They really are well cast Doors though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back