Winnie Sanderson Costume - Help and Opinions Needed

wiccaryan

Hey Everyone

I've recently been re-looking at some of my favourite costumes etc in movie history (stumbled across a few good blogs etc) and i thought this particular costume warranted it's own thread.
I'm sure most of you have seen the film 'Hocus Pocus' in your lifetime, it's not only a staple of Halloween viewing, but some of Disney's best live-action work :)
Anyway i was wondering if anyone had attempted "Winifred Sanderson's" costume from this movie?
I found these AMAZING pictures online and have emailed a costumer about perhaps doing a commission for me.

Also wondering if anyone would be interested in comission work for this piece for me?

I have next to no knowledge on costuming in it's base form, sewing etc - but this costume seems incredibly complex? Is it? or is it just made to look that way?

Can't wait to hear thoughts and opinions etc x

I don't think its an exact replica. The fabric is a little too dark. They is no tie-dye purple mixed in. I found a really go picture of the ACTUAL costume that was on display in Disney World and although it "Good" not exact and DEFIANTLY not worth $2500. I'm going to tackle this costume for this year's Halloween Project :) I'll start a thread probably end of this month beginning of next.

HocusPocusBetteMidlercostumeFull.jpg

Now its time to watch the movie about 10 thousand time and look at different angles lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back