Old Republic Imperial Trooper!

Supercostumes

Hello all! This is my first ever costume build and I've decided to do something with my favorite movie franchise of all time, STAR WARS! I'm going to try to build the concept for an Imperial trooper in the upcoming MMORPG, The Old Republic. Here's what it looks like!
img-ab_imperial_trooper.jpg

I'm going to construct it out of EVA foam and Sintec. I want to be done with it by Megacon, so I have a couple of months to work on it. I just have a few questions for the more seasoned members of this forum about designing the schematics for a costume; is there ANY other way to build something like this without using Pepakura? I've been trying to look everywhere to see if there were any files for this costume, but I got no such luck. Again, any tips or advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

May the force be with you!

What an awesome build idea! Kinda looks like vader/storm trooper mix! I look forward to seeing your progress and final build.

Forgot to mention that I'm looking for 2d to 3d image converting software right now. Since the Pepfiles don't have anything, I'm going to have to make my own 3d model ( Which I have ZERO experience in!) I'm hoping to find a program that will convert this series of two dimensional pictures into a 3d model which I can then upload onto Pepakura.

That's the plan for now, I hope it works!

It might be easier to eyeball it with the creation process and use some butcher paper to dummy up the patterns before cutting them out.

It's easier to separate out the soft parts from the hard (and see more details in the hard parts) in the "clay" image file.

imperial_shaded.jpg

It might be easier to eyeball it with the creation process and use some butcher paper to dummy up the patterns before cutting them out.

It's easier to separate out the soft parts from the hard (and see more details in the hard parts) in the "clay" image file.

imperial_shaded.jpg

What type of "butcher paper" are you talking about? Cardstock?

Nope, all you need is the rolled construction paper or the 11×17 graph paper. No need for card stock, all you are doing is mocking up a basic design for size.

I'm working on pep files for the armor and helmet of this trooper. I could model an HD helmet with those refrences, but if everyone thinks it's better to sculpt it then I'll hold off on that project. I might just model it later for my C VI costume.

I'm working on pep files for the armor and helmet of this trooper. I could model an HD helmet with those refrences, but if everyone thinks it's better to sculpt it then I'll hold off on that project. I might just model it later for my C VI costume.

I think pepping this would be better than sculpting. Fierfek, I say go for it.

Yes please go for it even I'll build it.

If only I had the $$$$ I would sculpt Malgus and this and do castings of all the armor parts. But alas no $$$$.
Actually, Malgus would be better in foam because of the lack of overall detail in the majority of the armor and building it with sintra for the rest (central chest details, gauntlets, breath mask).

As for this costume, you have no idea how many people you would make happy by pepping the armor for it.

I am trying to get together a fairly sizable group of TOR costumers at CVI. Dallas Dickinson has already agreed to a photoshoot with anyone in a TOR costume. I was able to set it up because of the small handful of people with the Jedi/Sith armors. I am trying to get together at least two dozen people for the shoot. Even now, I am in the middle of my own Malgus, working on a Shae Vizsla for a garrisonmate, a Satele Shan for my wife, a Jedi and Sith for other garrison mates... yeah. The more the merrier.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back