Four Foot UNSC Frigate

A

Ardrich Keybus

*This will be my first thread after having joined the RPF*

Over the next two months i will be constructing a (hopefully) accurate model of a UNSC Frigate, from the Halo franchise. It will be in 1:380th scale measuring 50 inches long, 14 inches high, and 16 inches wide. I'll be using primarily matte board for the structure, and poster board for the details. Because more detailed references can be provided for it, i will be modeling my version after the Halo:Reach frigate design.

Though it's a design from Halo 3, it still is a useful reference...

9083-frigate-scale.jpg

Here is the progress on the ship's bow

9088-bow-progress.jpg

More to come...please stay tuned :[ ]

I'm partial to the Pillar of Autumn, myself, but this is gonna be an insane build! Best of luck, man.

-MJ

Appreciate the support :] The Halcyon class is a nice design, but i chose the frigate because i feel it has a more challenging design structure. (and i like a challenge)

Oh I cannot WAIT to see the progress on this!!! I'm a HUGE Halo fan!! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Making some good progress on the bow! I've already scored the panel lines and glued my current pieces together, and it is really taking shape.

Thank you for the comments everyone, i'll try to keep you all apprised of my progress as often as i can. ^^

9171-update-ii.jpg

Shhh! This is cool!...anyways it's a "Prop" from...um...some Admiral *AHEM!* guys desk from uhhhh....someone help me out here!

Fleet Admiral Terrance Hood called the UNSC Frigate Forward Unto Dawn his flagship. Its not a stretch to assume he may have had a model of it in his ready room...

(The Dawn and the Andraste are somewhat different in design, but this is all I could come up with!)

Well it kind of is. See the ships were basically designed to be giant magnetic accelerator cannons that happen to carry crew, marines, and equipment.

Ok, so i've been making some surprising progress on this build. What would normally take weeks has taken me days to accomplish. The port and starboard Pelican Bays turned out beautifully, and once they dry i can glue them all to one another and be 1/3rd the way done!

I appreciate the enthusiasm everyone has been showing for this project, i promise i will keep you all updated with my progress and hopefully it will turn out better than expected.

9226-update-iii.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back