Firefly- Jayne and Vera

Bountys Hunted

Anyone i.d. this one yet? I thought I remembered somewhere seeing that parts of it had been i.d.?

Man, I'd love to have this prop. I thought it was one of the coolest sci-fi guns since, well since the Pulse Rifle.

Only thing that disappointed me, in the episode where they rescue Mal, he doesn't shoot it.. Holds it and shoots w/ the pistol instead. What's up with that?? I was looking forward to seeing that go off... :love

Oh well, it'd still be darn cool to have one on the wall.

-Rex

Vera is made from a Russian made Saiga-12 shotgun with ALOT of extra greeblies packed on. The Saiga-12 is a shotgun built around a scaled (WAY) up version of the Kalashnikov action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saiga-12

Vera made her on screen debut in the film Showtime starring Eddie Murphy and Robert DeNiro.

As with other Firefly props (like the Alliance armor from "The Train Job") it was found and re-used with a couple of extra greeblies thrown on.

Firefly Official Companion - Volume 2 (due out Spring 2007) promises more information about Vera. Or, at least that's what the teaser says at the back of the Firefly Official Companion - Volume 1.

Hope that helps.

Very cool.. Appreciate the info..

Hopefully, I can put one together. I don't know if there is a similar airsoft shotgun out there, but it's another prop quest. :D

Thanks much.

-Rex

<div class='quotetop'>(Bountys Hunted @ Sep 20 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]1323271[/snapback]</div>
Very cool.. Appreciate the info..

Hopefully, I can put one together. I don't know if there is a similar airsoft shotgun out there, but it's another prop quest. :D

Thanks much.

-Rex
[/b]

I think the closest you could get with an aiursoft would probably be a heavily modded AK.

Cool, thanks for the tip. I found some M8 airsoft mags. They have simulated rounds, but the casing is a "bronze clear", not the clear mags Vera has.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back