Orange flight suits $20

Probably also works for "Ice Cream Maker Guy"

2ijjmgg.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Trooper TK409 @ Sep 19 2006, 10:35 PM) [snapback]1323146[/snapback]</div>
Probably also works for "Ice Cream Maker Guy"

2ijjmgg.jpg

[/b]

we're delving into the domain of the ultra-nerd here. Continue...

Not as accurate as the modified coverall approach (or from scratch from good patterns) but they are indeed what a lot of X-Wing costumers use and most people can't tell the difference. These things usually go for aobut $55, so that's a great price.

ooooh.. I was planning to make mine from scratch, but I doubt that I could get enough material for that price.

Thanks for the heads-up. :D

<div class='quotetop'>(darthgoat @ Sep 20 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]1323296[/snapback]</div>
Beleive it or not, there is a guy who lived in Chicago who did an Ice Cream Maker guy costume.

[/b]

This guy's expression definitely makes the picture. :lol

Well, I figured with the vest, box, straps, boots, flares, tools and so on that anyone might not notice if it was exactly 100% correct under all that stuff.

Has anyone dealt with returns with SG's? I'm not too sure as to what size suit I'd need to get, so I might need to exchange if it doesn't fit.

<div class='quotetop'>(RogueSolo @ Sep 21 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]1324268[/snapback]</div>
Has anyone dealt with returns with SG's? I'm not too sure as to what size suit I'd need to get, so I might need to exchange if it doesn't fit.
[/b]

I returned some boots to them years ago when they started to come apart after a few uses, and the whole thing was smooth as silk. They're really into customer satisfaction.

Got mine today.

I'm 5"8', average build, and I ordered an Extra-Large (XL)size.

It fits me great, maybe an inch too long in the leg and an extra inch at the wrist, but with boots and gloves on it won't matter. The body fits fine and is roomy and comfy but I could have probably ordered a Large and been okay.

you can make it a little more accurate. With just a little mod to it.

If you remove the Ankle pockets (they will be tucked into boots, so they aren't very functional) you can have the material to modify the colar to have the tab and closure that the screen used suits had. (I did this with a Grey and Black flightsuit)

Then, using the tops of both ankle pockets, you can put false thigh pockets on the fron of the legs. it'll actually just be the pocket tops, but they will look more like the suits.

With the rest of the other pocket you can create the right sleeve pocket, and mod the pen hold to hold 3 arm tools rather thne just 2.

I'm hoping to do a photo Tutorial on the colar mod this weekend, I'm moding one of those suits for a friend.

Well, going off of James' post, I ordered a Large. I would have gone for the XL, but they're out of stock right now, and not expected back in until November 15th. I'm slightly taller than he is, but since I'll be tucking the ankles in anyways, I don't think it'll matter.

Well, a bigger fit consideration than where the bottom of the legs are, is the crotch-to-shoulder measurement. If that's too small you're screwed.

When I first got mine, a Large fit fine except for that one factor, so I had to go with the XL. Fortunately I was trying them on at a store rather than having to return to an online retailer.

I'm sorry, but that guy from Chicago with the "Ice Cream Maker guy" costume is just great. He definitely appears to be in "Good Humor".

...get it? Good Humor...ice cream...

sorry. Back to your thread.

Mine came with a self-sticking return lable if I needed to return it.

Also, these are brand new, not used, in the original packing.

I'd have to try it on again to see about the crotch to shoulder measurement but I have short legs anyways so I'm sure there is pleanty of room (it was very roomy earlier when I tried it on).

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back