Dick Tracy Movie Two Way Wrist Radio, anyone ever make replicas available?

clayslinger

Hi All,

I went through the archives and saw lots of projects started and tons of top notch images but none that I could see had ever been finished or made available to collectors.
If I missed someone, I apologize.

Has anyone made these available?

My niece is trying to hook up her boyfriend with a copy for Christmas.

Thanks guys!!

Chuck...

Hi All,

I went through the archives and saw lots of projects started and tons of top notch images but none that I could see had ever been finished or made available to collectors.
If I missed someone, I apologize.

Has anyone made these available?

My niece is trying to hook up her boyfriend with a copy for Christmas.

Thanks guys!!

Chuck...

RPF member Zenix has been developing a REALLY accurate replica though I don't think it will be ready in time for Christmas, but it looks like it will be worth all the time and effort he has put into it when it eventually is finished:
http://www.therpf.com/f13/dick-tracy-watch-97508/index7.html

Not the radio but the TV I did years ago.

PIC_2464_zps5c269c3e.jpg

Bumping an ancient thread because I saw this. Not as screen accurate as it could be, but man would it be cool to have a functioning one...

http://www.dicktracy.watch/

That is member nickjm007 who made the replicas last year in the project runs section. He decided to actually buy the license and make officially licensed versions. They are not screen accurate, but he explained that he had to go through the approvals of the licencor. They have final say and can always drift you away from a completely accurate item. Sad part about it is, this is their license and if you don't go with what they want, they can take their ball and go home. You can argue until you are blue in the face with them, but they have final approval and final say if you can take the item to sale or have to shelve it.

Oh cool, I didn't know that.

Of course I'd like screen accuracy, but if I can get one that actually functions, I'd definitely forgo the details for one that looked close enough.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back