Darkside501st's Iron Man/Tony Stark Gauntlet and Arc Ractor Project

Re: Iron Man/Tony Stark Gauntlet and Arc Ractor for Halloween

AWESOME!!
i wish i knew how to do that to my repulsors

Thanks. It took a lot of research and some trial and error to get it right. I am adding sound to it this weekend.

I might have a surprise for everyone soon.

Could I trouble you for some construction details on the circuit board? I've never done a custom board, and would like to know what's involved in doing one the way you did.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Could I trouble you for some construction details on the circuit board? I've never done a custom board, and would like to know what's involved in doing one the way you did.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, what I did was acid etch the design on a blank board. You have to have special materials to do this. There are many tutorials out there including some very good ones on the instructables website.

Basically, I drew a picture in photoshop of the tracks then printed it out on magazine paper using a laser jet printer. Then I transfered the ink to the blank board with an iron. Once the ink is on the copper clad board you soak it in a special acid/peroxide mixture and the exposed copper will be dissolved by the acid leaving only the desired tracks behind. Then you solder on all the parts and call it a day.

If you decide to do this make sure that there is no metal anywhere else around your work area and do not dispose of the acid when done... you can reuse it on future projects. Make sure you store it in an airtight bottle or it will evaporate and rust all the metal in the room. If you need to dispose of it then look up the proper environmental way of disposing of the acid.

PS- an easier route would be to use copper wire or just order some 'angel eyes' off ebay.

Please tell me there will be a reasonably priced run of these.
It looks amazing.

thats a really nice arm. very clean. just goes to show, you can still have a awesome iron man costume without building the whole thing :)

Simple yet affective... Sweeeeet job man :)

Thanks bro. I like reading comments like this. ;)

Please tell me there will be a reasonably priced run of these.
It looks amazing.

Thank you... and Yes I will be doing a run of my new Arc reactor design with a self powered removable core. I am working out all the details on my prototype and then I will post a build thread and a junkyard thread. Also, I will have a little surprise for you all. :love

thats a really nice arm. very clean. just goes to show, you can still have a awesome iron man costume without building the whole thing :)

Thanks man, but for me it was just a test run through the start to finish process to see if I could do it. It was my first pep build.

I also upgraded my gauntlet with sound and used it for the Avengers on premiere weekend. Check this out:

My Avengers Premiere Weekend Event

I have more pics on my Facebook page.

ps - even though I talk about how the light for the arc in the movie is digitally added... mine is not. The picture is not Photoshopped. That is actually my arc reactor and the true light from the arc. It was not as bright as the wife-beater shirt though cause of the design on the shirt.

Maybe a better quality shirt and design would show more light... I am not that well versed on T-shirt construction and design.

Last edited:
Awesome just awsome do you mind if you can show the process of making the glove

Well, I was in such a big rush I did not take a lot of pictures during the process and also I wasn't planning on making a tutorial since I myself was learning from other tutorials that have been made and this was my first pepakura project. So, unfortunately, I can not show more of the process than I already have. Thanks for checking out my thread.

This looks amazing. Awesome work, it is really inspiring to see such a sweet finished product. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much for commenting.

so this is how you look like. awesome gauntlet awesome beard xD

Ha, yeah that is me being corny in front of the camera. lol And the beard was not 100% Tony Stark cause I had just been costuming as Will Turner from POTC. So it is more of a pirate beard. I didn't even have the little pointy parts that go back toward the mustache. Now in the last link I posted of the Avengers event I went to I had a better Tony Stark beard.

i'm planning to make my ironman arm repulsor and arc reactor by your pepakura. thanks for the info ! i'm thony from Philippines :D

No problem, thanks for reading my thread. Post back a link to your project when you get started on it... I would love to see your progress too.

Loving the work you are doing Mike, keep it up! I'd love to come by while i'm in Houston next week to take a look at it, but most of my time will be spent over at the lego convention since i have a table :(

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back