Teecrooz’s Prop Collection: Updated: 22nd of December, 2023

Re: My Obi-Wan and Luke Lightsaber builds

Sorry for explaining my opinion,and replying to a question from Edraven,I didn't know it was forbidden on this thread,I won't reply anymore,and let you show the wonderfull stuff you bought.

I accept both your apologies, but I don't want you to stop posting or even editing your old posts.

I was just frustrated that I was showing off a new item (top ten in terms of overall quality that I've seen available), and all you were doing was pointing out inaccuracies.

... so ... have you gathered your thoughts what to do with all those grenades now? Will you finish at least 2 as OB1's lightsaber? Also are you considering altering the male balance pipe on the one saber you purchased from Kurtyboy now that we know it can be done? It was a male balance pipe was it not?

Chaim

Last edited:

Only 1 all real parts lightsaber for me (plus the one display grenade). I just enjoy searching for everything. The new grenade will actually be on it's way to the new owner (David, edraven99) by the end of the week. I possibly have another coming in soon (the tan painted one I originally offered you Chaim), but that one too will go out to someone else.

I'm also currently looking for three boosters (for other members) and have a lead on a different Derwent that I don't think will pan out. I don't even have confirmation of the model yet.

The fun is in the search.

*The saber I purchased for Marcus had a replica balance pipe. I'm not sure who he sold it to when he got his new one.

I decided to put together some of my "close" but not quite right parts together for a picture. On the top is a replica. In the middle is my real parts lightsaber. On the bottom is a mostly real parts lightsaber made from vintage parts.

Parts on the bottom saber include: the more modern AS handwheel, replica booster and clamp, real No.3 MKII, and an unused male balance pipe that's still covered in the protective wax. I think this picture goes to show that even parts that are pretty close come together to make a nice looking lightsaber.

DSC_0389.JPG

I like the bottom one made up of near correct... Looks cool!

I'm considering putting together a display that shows each part separately, along with a completed lightsaber, and having each of the parts identified from their original source.

I was thinking about doing the same..probably a project for the future. Have u completed something like this?

I'm considering putting together a display that shows each part separately, along with a completed lightsaber, and having each of the parts identified from their original source.

I was thinking about doing the same..probably a project for the future. Have u completed something like this?

Great minds think alike... that's my plan as well... that's why I've been collecting "extra" parts each time I've been able to find a real part :)

That does look sweet :thumbsup I wonder if there does exist an "almost" part for the booster

Re: My Obi-Wan and Luke Lightsaber Builds

I'll load a picture tomorrow of a rough plaque I drew up.

For now, what do you think of the bottom grenade, with a windvane switch (third picture)? :)

DSC_0387.JPG

DSC_0388.JPG

DSC_0389.JPG

ugh.. it makes me thing that's what the prop guys did... .

That grenade looks perfect. great cuts... where on earth? I need help... I'm gonna go cry now...

I would almost go with a larger plaque in sort of a blueprint style. Have an actual diagram of the Obi-Wan saber with all the parts labeled.

I can't find anything that is exactly what I'm picturing, but almost something like this:

Re: My Obi-Wan Lightsaber Build (All Real Parts and Replicas)

Wow amazing stuff. I just bought a grenade but its not nearly at accurate as yours. Congrats on the sabers. They are beautiful.

Re: My Obi-Wan Lightsaber Build (All Real Parts and Replicas)

BTW, quick question. What transistors did you choose for the buttons for the graflex clamp?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back