Earth Vs The Flying Saucers

Junk Pilot

Sr Member
Has anyone made or released a replica of one of the saucers from this Ray Harryhausen classic?

I'm watching this now for the first time in years and I just have to know.

I know someone did a kit of it a while ago-- I have one. But it isn't studio scale, which I'd like to see! If I had a lathe, I'd probably have done it by now!

Scott

I have a casting of one of Ray's original 3" diameter saucers that were used for the "formation flying" scenes as shown in your pic that you used. The spinning sections even work on it.

When Ray visited Perth several years ago he brought a bunch of models to show at his talk, including one of the saucer models. He demonstrated the spinning action. That was a great evening; Ray was just enthralling.

I have a casting of one of Ray's original 3" diameter saucers that were used for the "formation flying" scenes as shown in your pic that you used. The spinning sections even work on it.

Sure would be nice if you showed us a couple more pics of your model. Especially closeups of where the wire attached to the underside.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back