2011 Red Y-Wing: Build Thread™

Yeah, it's a real treat to build - I'm the guinea pig that's taking all of the guesswork out of "what goes where" so it'll be even easier for everyone else!

It's a testament to the quality of the pattern and castings that a doof like me can figure it out...

Not bad, for a humble garage kit. Looks lovely J, so cleanly executed too!

Lee

Garage Kit... really?

This is hardly a garage kit. :rolleyes This is as close as you can get to 1975/6 ILM studio build sweetheart.

Hardly a garage kit when the sources for the reference and existing castings for a new build were made available for the project from the original models. We took what they showed us and painstakingly replicated them with every detail in mind. If it's an ILM (kit donor part) , we found and used it to create a 1.1 replica. No facsimile here and no guesswork.

Jamie.... he was joking! At ease brother! Ralphee has been nothing but super positive and complimentary on the kit and all involved! The old days are gone bro... Peace...love and studio scale....man.

Jason the build looks awesome! I'm just glad we designed it easy enough for you to do it.... :lol

Steve

I know the X-wing got much of the screen time like the F-14...but the Y-wing reminds me of an unsung bomber hero...like the A-6 Intruder...going Downtown....

Amazing work of art..

Sanjay.

I agree Sanjay, I was thinking of the bombers in WWII where the smaller P-51s did most of the dogfighting and protecting of the bombers. :)

This is the most exciting SS build I have seen on this forum. Thanks for sharing Jason.

I was kidding hence the ----> :behave

emoticon :)

this build looks great - but sorry Jason - I'm looking right past your build to the itty bitty bits and pinching myself that this kit is almost in my clutches :D:thumbsup

Jedi Dade

I thought I saw one on top of a BOEING 747..... or was it under the wing of a B-52 stratofortress?... or was the Coyote putting in a really really large sling shot......

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back