2011 Red Y-Wing: Build Thread™

And the saga begins!! Nice job Jason.. You can also line up the cross wing and drill and tap it on the armeture and uses machine screws to secure everything together!!!

"mount it in the rear!" sounds like a battle cry of some sort... I think. :confused

Steve

Any self-respecting young man will have plenty of forearm strength for this procedure.

You just gotta Ron Swanson the metal until it is threaded. Also, 2% milk - avoid it.

Sneak peek at the two low-cost solutions for making a Panavise-friendly side mount.

You can use a block of scrap wood and a 1/4-20 threaded deelie from the hardware store:
L1110071.jpg

Snug in the engine assembly:
L1110074.jpg

The other is a low cost piece of Smith Victor light stand equipment - a small bit of machined aluminum. It also fits well!
L1110076.jpg

So as of this moment, I can now mount the Y-Wing from the top, bottom, back, left, and right sides!

More soon!

I'm not sure if I missed this part. Is the aluminum rod that is cast inside resin in the youtube video included in this new kit?
Thanks,
Mike Todd

Really like that J, love to see other guys working with there "magic tool" and backing it out in the privacy of there own home, i dont feel so alone now.

Love your simple side mount solution, i was going to fit and tap a billet alloy block, but its overkill, your way, its perfect buddy.

Finally, really good to see video's these days, rather than just pics!

lee

Just noticed the very nice internal engine can mounting point, was something i thought about as we may have to engineer ourselves, nice touch John C!

lee

You will love all the "little" things we did with the design... like built in battery compartments... wire runs... hollow parts galore.. modelers love to tinker.. this puppy has plenty of tinkering opportunity!

Steve

Just wanted to take a second and thank everyone for all the great comments.

A special thank you to everyone that Steve had mentioned for letting me in the door so late in the game and allowing me to build it.

Mr. Salzo .. Your casting skills are indeed top notch !

Mr. Eaton .. Thank you for taking on the build up, can't wait to see the finished product.

John C

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back