2011 Red Y-Wing: Build Thread™

Been watching this one. I've never built a studio scale kit before but your build might be the one to make me take the plunge. Beautiful build!

Robert

Well, it IS pretty, but, he's about to "mount it from the rear" surely, that should be done in the privacy of the mancave.

Killer work Jason, you have tempted me to use white paint afterall, and mist the hell out of it ala ILM.

Decals, are you doing those? Cant remember if you said a sheet will happen?

bests......lee

Sorry - will have to rescan the templates tomorrow. No idea what I did with those files, sigh.

Okay - bad cell phone pic because it's late and I am done for the evening, so ignore the cartoony contrasts... but you can see how it's starting to no longer look white on the main body! This is two out of the four (I think four) airbrush passes I will do - the last two being mist coats (except that spot-white that goes back over the missile tube outlets)

ywing.jpg

When Steve says jump, I say "what for, sheesh!"... but in reality, it's just so we can have this represent the bird as she looks today. Those original guns were sweet though, yellow stripes and all!

That looks amazing. What are you using for your paint chips in the red swoosh, latex mask? I'm painting a MKII today and realized I didn't have any masking solution, so I tried the salt trick for the first time. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

That's rubbish. Your red doesn't come out all orangey. :)

...thank god, because I hate that orangey tone, frankly. (It doesn't look orangey in person, right?) Anyway, model looks great, man! I hope I can do half as well.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back