Iron Man 3

did you guys hear that they will be having some of the armors on display at Disneyland.
cant wait for this movie!!!!:D

Yep I've already made plans to check it out, will probably be there on Apr 13. I was itching to stroll through DL again and this makes for a perfect excuse. The article confirmed the Mk1 to Mk7 will be on display, probably the same display from SDCC. All the new suits in IM3 seem to be CGI with the exception of the Mk42 and Iron Patriot, so it's possible the practical suits might be on display as well but I'm not holding my breath.

Today Marvel announced that they will be releasing 2 versions of Iron Man 3, the regular "Hollywood" version and another that will be exclusive to China only. Def gonna have check that one out too! :cool

And for that suit he's jumping into, its not the hyper velocity, but appears to the Stealth suit. Even the toy has the odd face plate:

One thing to note, Hasbro has their own Hyper Velocity toy but it looks NOTHING like the Facebook revealed Hyper Velocity / Shotgun Mk40 suit. So their version of the Stealth suit may not even be in the movie and just could be a direct copy of the IM1 concept art.

For those in the Socal area, IM3 tix have started selling at Arclight theaters and the best part is Arclight's sneak screenings are now at a reasonable time around 9-10pm on Thursday night. Got mine already, I was the very first purchase in the theater LOL. Pays to be a stalker I suppose.

I think they're just trying to put all the terrible rejected concept art from the previous films to use. I've yet to see one new suit beyond Heartbreaker that deserves to be in the same room as the suits from the other films.

Surely someone's done an estimate on the cost of these suits. How much of Tony's personal wealth (since he's obviously not monetizing the suits) has been poured into these?

From Kevin Feige:
“By the end of the film, we see each and every one of them, and you realize Tony is a mechanic and he has been tinkering," he told Comic Book Movie. "Any conceivable idea he had about the suit technology he built and stored in his Hall of Armor. Finally, after talking about it for four movies we finally see his Hall of Armor and the giant army of suits that he’s built for himself.”

According to LEGO, Igor is more than twice taller than normal IM suit
(see the second top left picture).
Looks like Tony can sit comfortably in Igor's head.
8554921603_2b7b71bbbd.jpg

He would probably be inside the chest. Honestly it seems similar in design, size-wise, to the Iron Monger and I'd expect to see it handle about the same.

I apologize for coming in here late, and if i am asking a question someone else has already asked. I saw the trailer for the new iron man. I'm a bit confused at to what it is about. I got the fact that there is a terrorist and that iron man meets his match or something. What else is there?

Trailers are no longer about telling you the plot, just showing you eye candy. Sad but true.

I think what you'll find is that the mandarin wants to take over and before Tony knows he's a threat he attacks him. Kind of a Peal Harbor to wipe out your biggest enemy before they know they're fighting. On top of that someone (possibly the mandarin) is trying to gain control of his suits remotely. Extremis fits in there somewhere as well if you follow the comics (i don't).

According to LEGO, Igor is more than twice taller than normal IM suit
(see the second top left picture).
Looks like Tony can sit comfortably in Igor's head.
8554921603_2b7b71bbbd.jpg

Just FYI, that's a fan-made creation, not an official LEGO set in any capacity. So without some sort of accompanying official documentation stating otherwise, this shouldn't be taken to indicate scale accurately. Just FYI! :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back