Iron Man 3

In IM3, Stark will have more suits, than in all three films (Iron Man I-II + The Avengers) combined!
Source:
Marvel Licensing artworks + Kevin Feige interview.
:)

Same what I've heard, I saw the sizzle reel a long while ago. How many suits? Let's just say Fiege made a comment about Tony working on a Mk20-something ;)

Ben Kingsly would make a great Mandarin.

I hope they tie it all in with the first movie by using this emblem,

images-4.jpg

and this guy.

images-3.jpg

The Mk4 and Mk 6 were very different. maybe the fingers were the same and the lower part of the boot, but the arms, legs, chest were completely changed, even the Helmet was different (slightly)

Nope- IM 1 had Mk 1, 2, and 3, as DuneMuadDib said. 2 and 3 were physically the same, except for color and the presence of rivets on the Mk 2 and none on the Mk 3. Mk 4 was first seen at the beginning of IM2, 5 was indeed the suitcase suit, and 6 was the one with the triangle RT, powered by the new-element arc reactor (only physical differences between Mk 4 and Mk 6 are paint scheme and chestplate/chest RT - the rest of the armor is the same). Then we have the Mk 7 in the final battle in Avengers (he starts off and spends most of Avengers in the Mk 6 suit; there are many physical differences between Mk 7 and any of the others, even after allowing for the detachable booster pack).

The Mk4 and Mk 6 were very different. maybe the fingers were the same and the lower part of the boot, but the arms, legs, chest were completely changed, even the Helmet was different (slightly)

The Mk4 and 6 were essentially the same suit with different chest piece and RT, and slightly different paint schemes (see biceps and thighs). Any other differences were extremely minor. Even the designers said that the 6 was the same as the 4 with some minor changes.

Ben Kingsly would make a great Mandarin.

I hope they tie it all in with the first movie by using this emblem,

images-4.jpg

and this guy.

images-3.jpg

I read that the guy above and his 10 rings terrorist organization are the closet we will get to seeing anything like the Mandarin.
Ben Kingsley's character is going to be some kind of villain that uses nano-technology.

The more I read about nano-technology, the more I want to see it in movies. (The first GI Joe movie used it.)

Also heard Favreau is going to come back as Happy Hogan. Nice!

Yeah, but we just got the new J.J. Abrams series too. Plus, not been mentioned in the media, but Marvel rented space for two years. I'd be willing to bet Cap is coming here too.

I want to see the original styled "chain mail" type armor.

All this plating and scallops look cool and all but that was all born in the later comics.

Let's reverse it and have the chain mail type be an advanced materials prototype. With the new Starkainium element to power it. It's a natural.

He's got a point there. I think in the comics it took 118 issues* for alternate armors to even appear, let alone be used. I tried reading the comics in the early 2000's again, and it seemed like he was getting a new armor suit every other issue! Suddenly, the suit that worked so well for the better part of two decades was no longer any good? I can see changing it...but why so often? Technology always seems to get smaller and smaller, but in Iron Man's case, it just seems to get bigger and bigger!

I for one would love to see his classic armor on the screen!

* Not counting Tales of Suspense

Well, thin armor are not that believable onscreen IMHO; The suitcase armor was kinda thin and it didn't survived the fight ( the glove flew away with only one lash wip ). I like the mechanical, big junk of metal armor. It just sound "armor", not "metal underwear". ;)

He's got a point there. I think in the comics it took 118 issues* for alternate armors to even appear, let alone be used. I tried reading the comics in the early 2000's again, and it seemed like he was getting a new armor suit every other issue! Suddenly, the suit that worked so well for the better part of two decades was no longer any good? I can see changing it...but why so often? Technology always seems to get smaller and smaller, but in Iron Man's case, it just seems to get bigger and bigger!

I for one would love to see his classic armor on the screen!

* Not counting Tales of Suspense

The smaller the technology the more you can fit into a same sized suit and the more armor you can put around it.

I think they could get us to believe any kind of armor tech is possible, but I'd be curious as to how you'd get this to look good in real life. Have any fans done one? I'm guessing golden spandex won't fly, but perhaps some kind of textured fabric that's all the rage in superhero movies now (the new spiderman and superman suits)

That's kind of what I was thinking. How this ultra-thin armor could be so tough, and yet it is. I remember from my youth more than one instance in the comics of some thug saying "This guy ain't so tough" then proceeding to hit Iron Man with a shovel, chair, shoot him or what have you, only to find out that he is indeed 'that tough'. If characters in the comic could think he wasn't, it's ju-u-ust a tad more believable that he's tougher than he must look. If he were clad in thick, bulky armor, I can't picture characters being so inclined to put him to the test. I know I wouldn't!
But yeah, it'd be a challenge for it to be tried in the real world, without it literally looking like (heck, being) cloth. But I do remember some oddities in the comics that even bothered my young mind. I remember once Iron man checking his wrist power gauge or some such, and the artist had portrayed wrinkles at the wrist, much like a glove might look. I just didn't get (at nine years old) how armor could fold, yet be so inflexibly strong. But just being a comic book, I didn't worry about it too much. If one can't suspend disbelief, then they probably shouldn't be reading them in the first place.
I was more bothered by the fact that when someone in comic books would take a flight in a spaceship, the second they left the atmosphere, suddely space was jam-packed with star clusters, large nearby planets (sometimes with rings!) and so on,. I sure didn't see any of that when I looked up at the night sky!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back