Star Trek TOS Captain's Chair

Jiminydog

I'm a 1/6 collector and was recently lucky enough to score a 1/6 resin Kirk's chair off ebay. I've been going through the (very long) threads on this forum and others about building a 1:1 chair but haven't been able to find the answer to one simple question: what shade of grey do people use to paint the chair? I was hoping somebody here might have an answer. Keep in mind I don't do airbrush, I'm strictly an rattle can guy, so what I really need is an off-the-shelf paint and brand. The closest I've found so far is Testors Light Aircraft Grey, but it seems to have a slight hint of yellow, where it really needs to be slightly blue-ish tinged. Anyway thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but maybe after you prime it you can paint the chair with a medium blue coat before the light-aircraft-gray, and maybe the blue underneath might give you the tint that you're looking for. Good luck and post progress pics!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back