Captain America Shield Star Dimension

100px-0,1921,0,1920-Captain_America_Shield.png

I went off this (sort of a bad picture, I know), and measuring/calculating got me a center of 9.75" with a Flat diameter of 26".

^ That's spot on, official dimensions

- - - Updated - - -

And if you're looking to make the shield smaller whilst retaining the proportions of movie shield...
"Star Circle Diameter" / "Shield Diameter" ≈ 0.38

^ That's spot on, official dimensions

- - - Updated - - -

And if you're looking to make the shield smaller whilst retaining the proportions of movie shield...
"Star Circle Diameter" / "Shield Diameter" ≈ 0.38

Now I just need to find someone who knows the width of each Ring...

Now I just need to find someone who knows the width of each Ring...

It's safe to assume that each ring is equal in measurement. Limited to only a flat plane, for calculation purposes, simply subtract the star circle diameter from the shield diameter, then divide that result by 6 and you get your answer.

Last edited:
There really is a fair amount of wiggle room in the measurements that will still result in a "movie accurate" proportions. Remember, there were several diamter shields used in the films, at least 24", 25", and 26" ... so it really is about getting the proportion of center circle to ring area. As you'll see in the beginning of this thread I did a bunch of photo analysis. Not saying I nailed it, but what I have found is a 25" or 26" shield with a 9.5" or 10" circle seems to look real close. And yes, then equally dividing the remaining "ring area" into three equal rings. My favorite dimension set, because it looks spot on and is easy to remember is this: 25" shield – 10" center circle – each ring 2.5". It's what I've based every shield I've made on. Your mileage may vary :)

Attachments

• shielddims.jpg
    shielddims.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
I don't know if any knows this but according to a YouTube video I watched the efx company actually got access to the original molds from the avengers movie so if any has one I would measure it.

Yes, efx produced their shields from a production stunt shield from The Avengers. They're were several shields in different dimensions used throughout the various films.

And the measure of the depth of the shell (curvature) according to the measures discovered would be 26 and the depth ?????? These measures are the same as the civil war movie ?? And invernal solider ?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back