Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Post-Con

firesprite

Master Member
Hey, guys and girls, we've just had the first media guest for ECCC 2012 announced and our Seattle Browncoats and Chuck fans will be thrilled!

The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne!

That's right, Adam Baldwin will be making the trek to join us at ECCC. I'm hopeful that this will mean that other members of the Firefly/Serenity cast will be joining us as well. As we saw when we had three of the Battlestar boys, having multiple cast members is a huge boon to the con.

Incredible news for BSG fans.... Miss Katee Sackhoff is returning to the PacNW to join us for ECCC! I'm so happy about this, I literally screamed YES in my living room and did a happy-dance.

Stargate fans rejoice: For the first time ever, we have a member of the SG1 cast joining us. Christopher Judge, better known as everyone's favorite Jaffa, Teal'c, will be joining us for ECCC!

The lineup just keeps getting better! Everyone's favorite Enterprise helmsman and all around classy guy, George Takei will be joining us this march!

Emerald City Comicon

Current Media Lineup:
  • Adam Baldwin
  • Christopher Judge
  • Summer Glau
  • George Takei
  • Eddie McClintock
  • Jon Bernthal
  • Laurie Holden
  • Wil Wheaton
  • James & Oliver Phelps
  • Julie Caitlin Brown
  • Edward James Olmos
  • Lea Thompson
  • Jason Momoa

Voice Talent Lineup:
  • Jess Harnell, best known for his work as Wacko on the Animaniacs and Ironhide in the Transformers movies
  • Rob Paulson, also known as Pinky from Pinky & the Brain, among many other roles.
  • Tara Strong, Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls and Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
  • John DiMaggio, the voice of Bender from Futurama, and Marcus Fenix from Gears of War
  • Billy West, Fry from Futurama, as well as both Ren & Stimpy
  • Kevin Conroy, my personal favorite Batman!
  • Maurice LaMarche, THE BRAIN from Pinky & the Brain!

After hours activities:
JAY & SILENT BOB GET OLD! - The show will be Sunday, April 1st, at 7pm in Room 4A AT the Convention Center.

Back to the Future screening with Lea Thompson! - Presented in conjunction with the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF), the screening will be off-site on Friday, March 30th at 9pm and will be preceded by a procession of over 20 DeLoreans!

Also, I'm looking at this coming con with a mixture of trepidation, excitement and sadness as I'm only going to be volunteering part time. This is because my husband (Grimlock2d here) and a fellow writer friend of ours, Ren Cummins, and I will be sharing a table in the 'Artist's Alley' area to promote our books. If any of you make it to the con, you should stop by and visit. Once we have our table number/location, I'll share it so we can meet some other RPFers!

Last edited:
Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012

Oh yeah Colnel Casey! I gotta go check this out, especially since most people my age will be on spring break during ECCC i can take a group of friends! Thanks for info

Oh yeah Colnel Casey! I gotta go check this out, especially since most people my age will be on spring break during ECCC i can take a group of friends! Thanks for info

I'm hoping that some of the stuff they want for this coming con actually can happen. They've got great plans that should be a lot of fun for the fans. :)

I hope you guys don't have any issues with jerk celebs this year. If i lived closer i'd for sure check it out.

I hope you guys don't have any issues with jerk celebs this year. If i lived closer i'd for sure check it out.

From what I've heard of the potential line up we are probably going to escape that unless we get ambushed by someone.

My favorite boss ever, Marc Silvestri will be there. Always fun to have him at the booth when I am working because he brings such energy and fans love to come see him:thumbsup

I met Silvestri several times at the con in Pittsburgh back in the 90s and he was always so happy to see everyone and talk as much as he could. Sure beats some of the guys that i've met at cons.

I'm just surprised how long they've been waiting to announce more celebs. I sure hope there's a good lineup next year! They seem to be getting better and better, so here's to hoping!

I'm just a bit impatient :) I could swear the past couple years they started announcing media guests earlier than they are this time around!

I'm just surprised how long they've been waiting to announce more celebs. I sure hope there's a good lineup next year! They seem to be getting better and better, so here's to hoping!

I'm just a bit impatient :) I could swear the past couple years they started announcing media guests earlier than they are this time around!

No, it is later than usual. Not sure why that is entirely, but if the rumors prove true, you'll have great stuff to look forward to. :)

Last year's guests weren't enough to coax me out of hiding.... I've got a friend who was just announced as a guest, so I'll be there working at his booth.

Last year's guests weren't enough to coax me out of hiding.... I've got a friend who was just announced as a guest, so I'll be there working at his booth.

OOOH! Sweet. Let me know which one and I'll drop by to say howdy. :)

Also, keep an eye on this thread... we're announcing another guest tomorrow! :D

The Pittsburgh comicon doesn't announce until they send the flyer out most of the time that I know of. I think it depends how long they want to wait to make sure they have as many on board as possible.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Updated 11/01/11

Just announced moments ago:

My favorite crazy Viper pilot, Katee "Starbuck" Sackhoff will be coming to ECCC!!!

Incredible news for BSG fans.... Miss Katee Sackhoff is returning to the PacNW to join us for ECCC! I'm so happy about this, I literally screamed YES in my living room and did a happy-dance.

WELL DONE! I will be there with bells on!

Now get this gal a panel to talk at !

There's going to be another media guest announcement tomorrow. The clue they've given us as to the identity is that the character he or she played has an apostrophe in his or her name.

The ones I can think of off-hand are Teal'c (Christopher Judge) from Stargate, or T'Pol (Jolene Blalock) from Enterprise.

Anyone else care to speculate?! :D

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Updated 11/08/11

Oooh, as a Stargate fan, I'm really excited! Our first cast member from SG1 will be joining us: Christopher "Teal'c" Judge!

We're really hitting some great notes with this year's guests. We're getting some fun folks from shows we've not really touched on before which is great, in my opinion.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back