Saber Show Off - Kit Fisto Needle Bearing Saber

lgtsbr

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yup, my B-Day present to myself this year - a little late because of the maker being so busy, but it was WELL worth the wait. This thing is beautiful. Perfectly accurate in every detail right down to the needle bearings in the emitter. Check it out:

[image]http://www.saberbelt.com/images/KitFistoSaberBorder.jpg[/image]
The rest of the pics

Enjoy

Dave

Nice saber. I wish I was able to get something like that for my birthday next week since I LOVE the council sabers and am disapointed that no official replicas exist. Too bad I can't afford all four, or even ONE :( .

Again, that's a very nice saber you got there and you should be proud to have it ;) .

Seth

<div class='quotetop'>(Sluis Van Shipyards @ Sep 16 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1321474[/snapback]</div>
Is that one made by that guy on Rebelscum? I REALLY want to upgrade my shiny Larbel to one of his bearing versions.
[/b]

Yup, that would be him ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(Barnstormer @ Sep 16 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]1321521[/snapback]</div>
What is the matte-finish area of the saber done with - is that bead-blasted, anodized, or painted?
[/b]

The body is bead blasted, yes. Looks so much better than paint IMO

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>(lgtsbr @ Sep 17 2006, 02:26 AM) [snapback]1321522[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Sluis Van Shipyards @ Sep 16 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1321474[/snapback]
Is that one made by that guy on Rebelscum? I REALLY want to upgrade my shiny Larbel to one of his bearing versions.
[/b]

Yup, that would be him ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(Barnstormer @ Sep 16 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]1321521[/snapback]</div>
What is the matte-finish area of the saber done with - is that bead-blasted, anodized, or painted?
[/b]

The body is bead blasted, yes. Looks so much better than paint IMO

Dave
[/b][/quote]

OMG is the fresh..

Cool saber.

One thing I've wondered--maybe someone can enlighten me.

I was under the impression that the bevelled emitters on the TPM sabers were trim rings from door locks. Having researched them, that certainly seems likely.

But I'm told on this one saber the emitter is a needle bearing. Is that unique to this saber? Is the trim ring theory wrong? Do the bearings just look like trim rings? And finally, can someone show me evidence of these trim rings from the real prop?

Again, sweet looking saber. Can't wait to put one of these in my own arsenal.

The emitter on this saber (which was Mace Windu's in TPM) was made from trim rings and needle bearings stacked. Look at the detail pics and you'll see the 5 needle bearings stacked inbetween the 6 trim rings. Te bearnigs are thin like washers.

Very nice saber. Not perfect, but one of the better fan made versions I've seen.

<div class='quotetop'>(cayman shen @ Sep 17 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]1321722[/snapback]</div>
I was under the impression that the bevelled emitters on the TPM sabers were trim rings from door locks. Having researched them, that certainly seems likely.

But I'm told on this one saber the emitter is a needle bearing. Is that unique to this saber? Is the trim ring theory wrong? Do the bearings just look like trim rings? And finally, can someone show me evidence of these trim rings from the real prop?
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(cayman shen @ Sep 17 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]1321722[/snapback]</div>
Cool saber.

[/b]

Here are the type of needle bearings that are sitting on top of the trim rings

Needle_Bearing.jpg

Probably not the exact type, but you get the idea.

<div class='quotetop'>(cayman shen @ Sep 17 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]1321722[/snapback]</div>
Cool saber.

[/b]

They are not "trim rings" they're bevel washers or mounts. used for centering pistons on a mill for boreing.
presision ground. however I just copy them out of allum. for the saber.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back