The Wicked Witch's Hourglass!

MGM1060FAN

Here's an amazing full-size reproduction of the Wicked Witch's hourglass from "The Wizard of Oz." It's been the centerpiece of my collection for several years. I'd like to take credit for making it but I actually purchased it from an artist on the west coast. I'm not sure if he is still making and selling them. It measures 19.5" x 11" and does in fact take one hour (give or take a couple minutes) for the red sand to sift through to the bottom!

Oh how I wish I could own one someday. I've come across an artist's website before that makes them. I wish I could afford it right now! But alas it's not in the cards (yet ;) )

This is the site where I saw the hourglasses:
Wizard of Oz

This was my all time favorite movie as a kid!

GORGEOUS piece!

I actually purchased an hourglass with red sand last year with the intentions of eventually making one of these. It's probably the size used in the 'half size' this maker offers. Found it at Target (and they may still carry it!)

That Wicked Witch hourglass has definitely been on my 'want' list for a couple of months now. (Along with about 37 other props that always seem just out of reach.) :lol I know it's pricey for the full-size prop, but if you're gonna do it, you may as well go all out, am I right ? To me, that, and the Ruby Slippers are the WIZARD OF OZ props to own. (The Ruby Slippers are my wife's favorite of all my current props so far, so hopefully it won't be too hard to convince her of how much we ''need'' a new hourglass to go with them, hmm?) Thanks for the picture of it MGM1060FAN. It's beautiful.

View attachment 74231

That Wicked Witch hourglass has definitely been on my 'want' list for a couple of months now. (Along with about 37 other props that always seem just out of reach.) :lol I know it's pricey for the full-size prop, but if you're gonna do it, you may as well go all out, am I right ? To me, that, and the Ruby Slippers are the WIZARD OF OZ props to own. (The Ruby Slippers are my wife's favorite of all my current props so far, so hopefully it won't be too hard to convince her of how much we ''need'' a new hourglass to go with them, hmm?) Thanks for the picture of it MGM1060FAN. It's beautiful.

View attachment 74231

Nice pair of ruby slippers! I also have a pair in my collection. They are displayed under a 14" acrylic cube and sit on a Yellow Brick Road base.

Any chance that you have the artist who made the hourglasses information or if you know anyone who might have one for sale?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back