Terra Nova: Pistol Build Tutorial

Really wonderful work and thank you for the great tutorial. I saw your eBay comment and wondered if you had any issue if I make use of your tutorial to make one for a client. Just wanted to clarify, thanks very much

Brian

Please use it! I made the tut. so people could have them, same as the Terra Nova Rifle.
For the "Cool Factor" this is a very inexpensive replica to make and I'd put it at about a 4 to 5 in difficulty. Honestly, with an exacto knife, gorilla glue, sand paper and some bondo, you can do this over a weekend.

enjoy!

Many thanks for this tutorial!
I've just about got all the bits I need to make a start.
My local store was even selling the Nite Finder at half price!!!!

:D:D

Excellent tutorial!

Here's my Jim Shannon version:
5549152.jpeg

I used a little artistic license here and there, but I used most of your tutorial as the basis for my build. Thanks for all of the great tips - I don't think I could have figured it all out on my own! :lol

Using these pics to try and get my boyz to mod their nerf guns (currently collecting dust) and learn how to do stuff.. :love

I'm almost ready to make a start on mine, but I'm not 100% sure inn the pipe end fitting that I need to get. Anyone have a decent pic of this part? Thanks

For my build I just used a 3/4" white pvc coupler and added a thin 0.30" band of styrene around the end to make the slight lip. What I need to figure out is what goes under the cowel between the gun body and the light gray rounded piece that the barrel attaches to? Thoughts?

For my build I just used a 3/4" white pvc coupler and added a thin 0.30" band of styrene around the end to make the slight lip. What I need to figure out is what goes under the cowel between the gun body and the light gray rounded piece that the barrel attaches to? Thoughts?

This?
greypiece.png

Hey JonnyB here is a pic of my gun with the area in question, not sure what is to go there.

OH! ok, got ya...This was why I used a piece of PVC pipe, 3/4" I think it was, attached to the muzzle (the other PVC end). The barrel shroud (piece with all the holes in it) lets you see the "barrel".
So, two ways you can go with this:
Put a piece of PVC in there (be sure to paint it before you put the barrel shroud on), or..
fill the holes from the inside on the barrel shroud so you cant see inside.

Either way would be correct.

Thanks Jonny B, I think I'll fill it in with some sheet styrene and add some kit parts to look cool so there is someting to see behind the covers slots. I'll post pic when I have this done.

Having real trouble finding the pipe fitting :(

In the meantime, I've started my "Jim Shannon" build and this is where I'm at after about 2.5 hours:

2011-11-11120956_resized.jpg

Good start, Nobby! I've just started mine today as well, though I haven't gotten as far as you. ;)

311400_10150934796930085_632835084_22090275_1207628563_n.jpg

Reel Fakes - what did you use for the little greebly bit at the back to cover up the hole where the 'charging handle' came out?

Reel Fakes - what did you use for the little greebly bit at the back to cover up the hole where the 'charging handle' came out?

I'm going to fill mine with some P38, but that greeblie bit does look good

Have you managed to find the pipe fitting?

Last edited:
I'm going to fill mine with some P38, but that greeblie bit does look good

Have you managed to find the pipe fitting?

Yeah, looking at the reference pictures they all the pistols have it. It seems familiar but I can't place it.

As for the pipe fitting, have you tried looking in B&Q for something that might work? It just needs to have the thick side walls.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back