Terra Nova: Pistol Build Tutorial

Which version are you doing (left or right)?

terra-nova_510.jpg

What is the flat piece on the very bottom of Jim's pistol? I know Taylor's is the ejector cover from a stampede/longstrike.

Just wanted to let you ask know that I received the end fittings from Jonny B today.
I will be posting them out to those that requested them ASAP.

Many, many thanks Jonny B! :D

As an extra piece of info for this great tutorial I have discovered that the correct torch/flashlight for Taylor's Pistol is an LED Lenser 8407 P7:-

taylortorch.jpg

taylorref.jpg

Roughneckone :cool

Last edited:
finally finished my Jim Shannon pistol - many thanks to ReelFakes for the grip material! :thumbsup

I've used a little artistic licence here and there, and this build is not quite up to the amazing standards of the others (RF :) ) but I'm happy with it.

20120708_1531365050.jpg

Would you be willing to make and sell me one of these I would try to make it myself but I'm just not very good at making things if so please tell me how much thanks

Mmmm I enjoyed this show briefly for it's Sci-Fi weaponry. Great job! I'd love to see some other takes on the various armaments those guys had on them.

Would you be willing to make and sell me one of these I would try to make it myself but I'm just not very good at making things if so please tell me how much thanks

Hey buddy, that's the fun of prop making! Good thing is, these are cheap to get and easy to mod! Even if you mess one up (the fear of which is why most props go to the shelves) you can start a new one with around $9!

Have fun and try one!

that's quality. i happen to get given a Nite Finder for the laugh when i left my last job. was wondering if it was used in anything and looks like i was right.

might have to give this a good read and see what i can do with mine

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I was lucky and stumbled on a guy selling a mass amount of weapons and other stuff from the show. I snagged a rifle and a pistol with holster. No idea what they look like yet. Probably move them on but I'll be able to take pics if anyone wants them:)

T
A
Z

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I was lucky and stumbled on a guy selling a mass amount of weapons and other stuff from the show. I snagged a rifle and a pistol with holster. No idea what they look like yet. Probably move them on but I'll be able to take pics if anyone wants them:)
Hey Taz,

I'd love to see some shots of the weapons you have acquired. I have a virtually finished TN pistol (all but the weathering) and I have the base Nerf guns to build the rifle, so anything you could put up would be most welcome!

Roughneckone :D

Weathering is my problem. what Is the best for a black gun? and I would love to see some Pic's also please. I have to paint the screw's on mine and It's done. except for the weathering. I was thinking maybe graphite pencil lead. any suggestion's much welcomed and very much appreciated..

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back