Terra Nova: Pistol Build Tutorial

Just finished up filling and tidying things up on mine until the end-caps arrive.
Then on to painting and detailing......................

I'll post some pics when I've got decent progress to report :)

When it's done I'm gonna try the rifle :D

Thanks so much for this. I knew those I could use a Nerf gun for those pistols, just couldn't put my finger on which one. Fantastic tutorial. Looking forward to building one now. :-D

Excellent work, Jonny B.

I'm a painting n00b, so could you tell me what I should be painting the gun with?

(e.g. should I use an enamel black spray, or acrylic?)

Thanks.

Bought my Nightfinder tonight. My local grocery store has all their Nerf guns on clearance, so I may have to go buy some more. But looking forward to starting this build!

vlcsnap-2011-12-16-00h08m05s249.png

Was able to get this screen cap, that piece on the bottom looks kinda like a piece from the Longstrike....

p3157_big.jpg

Maybe?

Hey Gang,

I've been meaning to post this bit, but I've been super busy. While I was breaking down a Recon to convert into the rifle, I stumbled upon the proper greeblie for the front of the non-taylor version:
2423430.jpeg

It is located in the bottom of the handgrip inside the recon.

Hey Gang,

I've been meaning to post this bit, but I've been super busy. While I was breaking down a Recon to convert into the rifle, I stumbled upon the proper greeblie for the front of the non-taylor version:

It is located in the bottom of the handgrip inside the recon.

nice find :thumbsup

Excellent tutorial!

Here's my Jim Shannon version:
5549152.jpeg

I used a little artistic license here and there, but I used most of your tutorial as the basis for my build. Thanks for all of the great tips - I don't think I could have figured it all out on my own! :lol

What did you use for the two narrow, vertical pieces that are below the shroud bolts.

Last edited:
I was at Target today and wandered by the Nerf section and almost bought the base pistol. Might have to go back soon and get one.

I got to say that this is the first time I have heard of a nerd gun used in a TV series.Does this mean there might be other in the Nerf brethren in other shows ?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back