Terra Nova: Pistol Build Tutorial

Great tute for sure. I can't imagine the production company making all these for the show by hand. Do they use casted copies for 'stunt' versions?

I'm almost sure they do. Everyone who's built one following my tut here will tell you they don't have very much wieght to them at all, yet on the show they do. So I think they're resin casts or solid plastic.
I'd originaly thought about doing that myself but doing the tut was more fun :lol

This is the gun that Shepard goes for as soon as he fall out of the 'portal' into the world of Terra Nova.

It looks both a little rough (air bubbles in the casting) and clearly has solid / filled-in barrels.

I'm guessing that this may be a rubber stunt pistol.

Heros probably are cast resin that is better cleaned-up and painted.

-MJ

OOOH, I like that idea. Adds some nice detail there. You know, to be perfectly honest, a lot of the builds I'm seeing here look a lot nicer then the shows. To be expected I guess with their budget constrants and all.

Hey, when's someone going to follow my tut and do the Rifle?! :lol

Also, anyone know where I can get the hand grip from? My suppliers been out for weeks and I keep getting the "It'll be in soon",I really want to finish it with it so I can put it under glass with the Rifle and "other" Terra Nova stuff I have (don't worry, I'll show them....soon :lol )

Our local Home Depot has a huge roll of this black floor mat type grip which is, I believe, the same stuff they use on the pistols. Pretty cheap, cut's nice with a razorblade.

Well, I'm done painting my Sonic Pistol. I had a little problem with the Krylon satin black paint wrinkling a bit. I'll weather it a bit to hide any blemishes. This has been a fun build, Thank you Jonny B for your tutorial.

VERY nice work there monker67, that turned out great!

Mine got that "Beat up" look to it now too. Used some aluminum paint with a dry brush. Working on a nice cross-draw holster for it now too so should be a decent Sixer outfit very soon.
Hehehe, went to Red Lobster the other night with a bunch of friends, saved the "Claws" and am making a Dino-teeth-necklace outa them :lol

I found this pic of the back of the pistol
341e334b.jpg

It's not a great shot but I think it could be part of the magazine as well

If someone could also sent one of the barrel ends across the pond for me please pm me

LOL! I think I've got some resin ones around here somewhere. If you're not in a rush for it I can let you have one.

This is a message to all the UK based Terra Nova Pistol builders:

Jonny B has very kindly put some of the pipe end fittings in the post to me FOR FREE!!

If you want one, please PM me with your address and when they arrive I'll post them out to you.

There are only a few, so first come, first served

Many Thanks Jonny B!!!
People like you restore my faith in human kindness
:D

Thanks mole

I think I may have some plastic ones off Some old dd pistols I have found

But I've tided up my bits box and can find them now

Nobby pm inbound
And many thanks to mr B

Nice job. I never really paid a lot of attention to the pistols as I got a bit behind in watching the show. I'll have to catch up. I have all of the parts to build one of these. I just keep on buying those bloody Nerf guns as they have great grips and are so easy to cut up.

Hmm I might have to check out the hardware store though for that PVC "endcap". It looks very thick walled but given the show was made here it was probably locally sourced materials. So the 3/4" inch PVC will be 19mm. Probably also why they used Nerf guns as other sorts like Airsoft guns are just too hard to get or not allowed at all.

Damned strict gun laws are really stifling my Judge Dredd Lawgiver build.

Anyway I have to give one of these a try and maybe the rifle. I think I'll have to fill it with some shot to give it weight. Thanks for the tut Jonny B.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back