Batman from Cardboard, Foam, Duct tape and anything else I can find LOTS OF PICS

is that you tony stark???... getting your hands on the bat suit?... lol:lol

nice work man... keep it up!

You and omel are very inspiring and feel like pushing me to follow your foot steps...;)

cheers!

The armor is coming along great so far! If you're having issue with the domed shape of the cowl, you can try something I did a few years back... The craft store should have plaster-impregnated cloth strips, like cast bandages. You basically just tape a layer of plastic film down to your head (don't cover your face; safety first!) tightly and papier-mache your head with a few layers of those plaster bandages - gives you a perfectly shaped base on which to build whatever head accessory you like!

Here's looking forward to the rest of your budget batsuit!

Good tip on the plaster bandage strips. I might have to try that soon! Think I might try it on a magneto bucket. Thanks for the tip!

Those shoulder bells are lookin good! I like the bit added on the interior, I might add something similar to mine.

A vambrace.

MyPicture-15.jpg

Man, Halloween is gaining on me like the freaking Headless Horseman.

Wonderful! I thought that looked familiar, but I didn't want to assume.

I have been trying to get the shoulder bell template up, but I haven't had time. I will say that making the second piece that fits under the bell attached to the tricep armor will probably give better movement in the arms..

I ended up making the bells too large. Not sure how I'm going to fix that.

The armor is coming along great so far! If you're having issue with the domed shape of the cowl, you can try something I did a few years back... The craft store should have plaster-impregnated cloth strips, like cast bandages. You basically just tape a layer of plastic film down to your head (don't cover your face; safety first!) tightly and papier-mache your head with a few layers of those plaster bandages - gives you a perfectly shaped base on which to build whatever head accessory you like!

Here's looking forward to the rest of your budget batsuit!

Dude that is an awesome idea but I am trying to stay within the "what I've got laying around the house" budget. Having said that... I may have some elmers glue laying around here...

This is how I got my start. Keep up with the cardboard and someday you'll get into the heavier stuff. Practice makes perfect.

ei writefast, dont forget to cover the insides with duct tape as well, so sweat wont get to the cardboard and make it go all soggy:)

if you're find the bells a bit big for your taste just trim away at the edges small increments at a time

Two vambraces.

MyPicture-16.jpg

Proportions got all out of whack on these. Blades are much larger than they should have been. Alas. My eyeballing has failed me and Halloween looms.

It takes talent to start with so little and make it look so good. Nice cuts on the cardboard especially. Good job man, keep it up. I'd love to see this finished.

:thumbsup Bob

Alas. Fail.

Was not able to finish the thing before Halloween. Overtime at work had to take precedent. I barely had time to paint the pieces I had and end the end just could not get them all to work together the way I wanted to. I wore the cobbled together ensemble until it literally fell off. Ah well.

I'm starting next year's build now. ;)

This is what remains of The Dark Knight 2011:

MyPicture-21.jpg

MyPicture-22.jpg

MyPicture-23.jpg

MyPicture-24.jpg

Last edited:
Ironmanpreston I did not finish the build. My deadline was too short, my skills too few, and in the end I started to not like the design at all. I cobbled together what I had completed and wore it. Within 20 minutes the unreinforced cardboard began to tear. Alas.

I may revisit and finish this build later but to be honest the more I studied the DK's armor the less I liked it.

Now, Iron Man on the other hand...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back