Help with Chris Redfield Resident Evil 5 Costume

PepMaster

Sr Member
Ok I've managed to find some parts of the outfit but I'm perplexed on where I might find a couple parts still missing. One being his chest/back harness, is there a harness that resembles this one in any way? Second the shoes, from what I can tell they are not tennis shoes but hiking boots, are there any hiking boots that look silimilar to the ones in the photo that if anything I can modify/paint to look like the ones in the photo. Third how about the ammo pouches on the left side of the belt, and finally, does anyone know where I can find a replica patch like the one he has on his shoulder? Thanks for any info.

for the back harness you could probibly take Straps from a backpack and pick up some Misc. straps or take some from duffel bags, Id suggest digging thru any thrift stores around your area.

As for your Boots you could get away with just regular **** kicker hiking boots unless your going for the fine details...but then again anything worth doing its worth doin right

and patch if you cant find an exact replica id say get a nice pic of it then print it on iron on transfer paper, it will look kinda iffy but atleast youll have it

The patch is the easiest part... they are all over ebay now. One came with the collectors edition of the game. And since then all the little patch companies on ebay copied it, and then made all the other country versions also.

It varies from 6.00 to 10.00

For the bag and straps, look up MOAB bags. Quartermasters makes a MOAB6 that looks around the size of the one he's wearing in the small of his back. Expensive though, but useful for other things if you hike or do any outdoorsy stuff.

Try a Surplus military store if you havent already , You can find used stuff with the wide supporting straps like that and gut them and sew them together with webbing and the thumb slide buckles (strapworks.com is a cheap place for webbing I use all the time) You're very likely to find similar mag pouches also. Try Quartermaster and Sportsmans Guide for pouches and boots if you havent already.

Last edited:
Thanks Wolfie, the more I look at the strapping it looks more and more like the shoulder straps and stuff that a tactical vest has. I'll look into the patch but the more and more I look at it the boots are going to have to be modified, either that or I'll probably contact markspoon, since he makes shoes and see what it would cost if he makes them.

Damn- I'm more curious on where the heck you'll get the SHIRT. That's a cool shirt- even for everyday wear! lol

Where did you get yours, PepMaster? Or did you make it?

Ebay sells the shirt for 169 from China, but I'll be making the shirt myself. I've ordered a green shirt off ebay which I'll take off the sleeves and modify them, then I'll cut down the sides of the shirt and add the black that is there. I paid 10 for the green shirt, I'll probably pay 5 more for the fabric I'll need for modifications, and I bought the patch this morning thanks to the tip from Wolfie off eBay for $5.

Ebay sells the shirt for 169 from China, but I'll be making the shirt myself. I've ordered a green shirt off ebay which I'll take off the sleeves and modify them, then I'll cut down the sides of the shirt and add the black that is there. I paid 10 for the green shirt, I'll probably pay 5 more for the fabric I'll need for modifications, and I bought the patch this morning thanks to the tip from Wolfie off eBay for $5.

Does anyone know where to get a decent Ka bar knife or just the sheath in the UK? I will be rocking my Res Evil 2 Chris again at Expo in London this year and only need the knife now :)

902d1130467030e88a0affb1a82b535b-d4z5aze.jpg

Does anyone know where to get a decent Ka bar knife or just the sheath in the UK? I will be rocking my Res Evil 2 Chris again at Expo in London this year and only need the knife now :)

902d1130467030e88a0affb1a82b535b-d4z5aze.jpg

You could try an airsoft supplier. A few years ago you could buy rubber or plastic bayonets for re-enactment. I've not played since the VCR bill so can't help with specific stores.

go to a site called PhantomTokyo.com. its all in japanese so you'll have to have your search engine translate it. but anywho, they have an entire section dedicated to resident evil gear officially licensed by capcom including chris's shirt, patch and harness. i know its not quite the same as making your own but its probably the closest to an exact match your going to find anywhere.

You can get any tactical pouch from evike.com are a pretty good price, condor would probably be your best bet if your on a budget, the offer durable tactical gear for very affordable prices.
His shoes are most likely oakley hiking shoes, the needs almost resemble mine.
I can't exactly pin point what kind of contraption he is wearing on his shoulders. But you can go to evike.com an look for chest rigs. They can be easily modified to what ever you want them to be.

Hope i helped and can't wait to see the progress of this.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back