The Enterprise Restoration Project

I could weep with joy over this. I hope you guys get to return the old girl to her glory. The Enterprise is the dream that launched a 1000 realities. Look at all the inspiration Star Trek gave to so many and how so much of what was then science fiction has now become a reality and how people are STILL taking inspiration all these years later and still striving to make the world more like Gene's vision.

sounds like great strides are being taken buy you John to get this done right..Bravo Sir and I hope you can get it done to original looks with a touch of the modern to make it stay safe and with LED's well lighted...

LLAP

My restoration effort brings to the table (keep your fingers crossed) the wealthiest, and most powerful Trekkie on this planet. ;)

John

If it is who I think it is and since SpaceShip One is I believe already intended to be part of the renovated display area, that is very good news indeed.

It was announced at the Vegas Kahn that The Big E will be going to the basement for assessment and x-raying... then I think they said the plan is to have her on the floor on display where she belongs...

Last edited:
A friend of mine recently went to see the model and she sent me a few pics. Just reminded me of why I haven't gone myself. Would love to see her restored to her original and proper colors. I always thought that how it was eventually finished, I could have done a better job with a case of Tamiya Light Gray rattle cans. Hopefully this goes through sooner than later. Looking forward to it's progress.

My restoration effort brings to the table (keep your fingers crossed) the wealthiest, and most powerful Trekkie on this planet. ;)
John

Speaking of which... saw a video on Youtube the movement to restore the STMP Enterprise to all it's original Paul Olsen glory. Your "contact" know anything about that since it's said to be in his collection?

Buzz from another forum is she will be removed from display this week for "repairs".
That was from a gift shop employee.
Looking for confirmation.

What I dearly hope for is not a secretive process.
Let's let people see progress online. So many of us would greatly enjoy to see the disassembly and examinations of details.
And many of us would be happy to donate some MONEY if help is needed.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back