Updated MK VI Arc Reactor/Stealth MK VI Suit-Unibeam 9/11(Pic Heavy)

Re: Mark VI Arc Reactor/ Started Mark VI Build(Pic Heavy)

That is very ingenious. I may use your method in creating my own arc reactor.

Re: Mark VI Arc Reactor/ Started Mark VI Build(Pic Heavy)

Ok so the back took me longer than I thought. I added some of the detail pieces back in. I wanted it to look as detailed as possible for foam. I'm happy with it, I just need to clean up the seams.

Here's some pics:
IMG_20111015_143030.jpg

IMG_20111015_143046.jpg

IMG_20111015_143055.jpg

IMG_20111015_143016.jpg

What do you guys think?

Re: Mark VI Arc Reactor/ Started Mark VI Build-Back Done(Pic Heavy)

Thanks everyone. I'll be starting on the shoulders and biceps next

The chest piece is looking good. The lights on the arc reactor look a little diffused though, it would be nice if it were a little brighter maybe?

The chest piece is looking good. The lights on the arc reactor look a little diffused though, it would be nice if it were a little brighter maybe?
I agree it could be brighter, but when I didn't diffuse the LEDs you could see the ring of light they put out. Which made it look a little funky, I guess I could maybe add some more LED or something.

I probably won't use this one for the chest piece in my suit.

Wanted to finish biceps and shoulders tonight but that didn't happen. I did finish the shoulders though.

Front
IMG_20111017_005230.jpg

IMG_20111017_005217.jpg

IMG_20111017_005240.jpg

Back
IMG_20111017_005322.jpg

IMG_20111017_005308.jpg

IMG_20111017_005334.jpg

With chest and back
IMG_20111017_005039.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Mark VI Arc Reactor/ Started Mark VI Build- Shoulders Done(Pic Heavy)

Oh yea and thanks to Indyfilmgeek for sharing a good source of buckles (Wal-mart). I bought 2 boxes of 2in buckles to join my back to the chest along with 2in webbing. Also thanks Stealth as I am using your setup lol.

The buckles and webbing was just over $3 can't beat that..
IMG_20111016_223634.jpg

Re: Mark VI Arc Reactor/Mark VI Build- Shoulders Done(Pic Heavy)

Anyone know if Chicago screws go by any other names? I went to home depot and asked for them but they gave me a strange face and said they never heard of them :/

I'm going to need them for my arms. Thanks in advance

I love that foam you are using, much nicer then the traditional thicker floormates, I may have to get my hands on some for something I want to try. Nice work all around, I like where it is going.

Found in the specialty screws at LOWES. And like Jowe said, there also known as binding post!

Keep up the awesomeness!

Re: Mark VI Arc Reactor/Mark VI Build- Biceps Done(Pic Heavy)

I don't know if it was just me or what but i had a hard time doing these biceps. I kept changing things cuz i thought they looked weird. I still think they do, not unhappy but not extremely pleased with them.

IMG_20111019_194043.jpg

IMG_20111019_194158.jpg

IMG_20111019_194058.jpg

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be happy with them, I think they look awesome and you did a good job of getting them to be identical! Hats off to you

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be happy with them, I think they look awesome and you did a good job of getting them to be identical! Hats off to you

I agree.

you're nuts man

You did a great job. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back