Updated MK VI Arc Reactor/Stealth MK VI Suit-Unibeam 9/11(Pic Heavy)

Re: Mark VI Arc Reactor/Mark VI Build- Abs and Test Fit 6/24(Pic Heavy)

No cod yet but more pics :)

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

What files are you using for the abs and forearms? Mine dont seem to be working for me >.<

What files are you using for the abs and forearms? Mine dont seem to be working for me >.<

Im using the same files from stealths foam files. I modded the ab file and added some pieces to the forearms for detail. What problems are you having?

Im using the same files from stealths foam files. I modded the ab file and added some pieces to the forearms for detail. What problems are you having?

The abs are too small [I dont know how to scale >.<], and dont look anywhere near as good as yours, and the lower forearms dont fit into the upper forearms, there is a huge gap... Its probably an easy fix, I just have no idea what Im doing :L

The abs are too small [I dont know how to scale >.<], and dont look anywhere near as good as yours, and the lower forearms dont fit into the upper forearms, there is a huge gap... Its probably an easy fix, I just have no idea what Im doing :L
are they extremely small? or would they be fine if they are just a tad bigger? If they aren't extremely small you could scale up by 10%.

For the forearm and bicep connecting point did you make the elbow? The elbow plate is what bridges the gap between the two parts

How did you make the arc reactor? As a noob I have managed to almost perfect the pepakura but the led and sauderingstill elude me! Details please

How did you make the arc reactor? As a noob I have managed to almost perfect the pepakura but the led and sauderingstill elude me! Details please
For the led array it is simply a door stopper with leds placed in holes i drilled out.
IMG_20111008_120006.jpg

I am no expert in wiring but what i did was connect all the positive leads from the leds to each other. Then connect all the negative leads together. I believe this is called a parallel array. After that you run one of the resitors from the negative leads to the negative of your power supply (this will limit the amount of electricity flowing to the leds so they dont get fried. Then run a wire from the positive leads to the positive of your power supply.

I am not very good with electronics so please excuse my unclear instructions. :facepalm

I was going through my picks and it seems like I dont have one showing how it was wire my apologies

are they extremely small? or would they be fine if they are just a tad bigger? If they aren't extremely small you could scale up by 10%.

For the forearm and bicep connecting point did you make the elbow? The elbow plate is what bridges the gap between the two parts

I'll try scaling up...
And not the elbow part, the forearm-wrist step... in my template theres a huge gap... I uploaded a photo to show you...

I'll try scaling up...
And not the elbow part, the forearm-wrist step... in my template theres a huge gap... I uploaded a photo to show you...

Oh i see what you are taking about now. Well for my forearms i added the detail piece back in. In stelths files its is not used. I added to avoid having that gap. In the pepakura program you can right click on the 2d area and click check corresponding face. Then hover over the part where your gap is. It will show a red line to the part that goes there. Just move it into the 2d menu and print it. Copy to foam, cut, glue and put it in place. Hope that helps.

Ok so cod is done. All I nees is the boots, hands, and neck seal.
IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

Im thinking about paint right now and i am lean towards a stealth paint up rather than the traditional gold and red.

What do you guys think?

Heres the colors i am thinking about using. Metallic blue is the base but idk if i should go with a darker (gunmetalish) silver or a more lighter (aluminumish) silver.

Suggestions? Comments welcome.
IMAG0163.jpg

Re: Mark VI Arc Reactor/Mark VI Build- Paint opinions 7/2(Pic Heavy)

First off this is not my image i just used it to photoshop the color scheme i am thinking of doing.

How does this look any suggestions?

IronManMK6.jpg

Re: Mark VI Arc Reactor/ Started Mark VI Build(Pic Heavy)

I have just started my build. I have seen many pics like yours and people say that it looks amazing. Mine looks like that, glue sticking out, rough edges etc etc. I never thought that those pics were any good and I never understood why people liked them........until I coated the helmet I was doing with PVA then plastidip and then sprayed it. It just brings it to life and makes it look amazing. I still don't like the un-sprayed parts, and I still want to always make it better, but I understand that that's how it should look before its finished. You have probably finished your suit by now, hope you like it. Are there any pics?

Re: Mark VI Arc Reactor/Mark VI Build- Paint scheme 7/6 (Pic Heavy)

hey dude awesome job! and for the paint I like the blue and silver.so cool and RARE! and the red eyes and arc reactor is BAD-ASS!

I have just started my build. I have seen many pics like yours and people say that it looks amazing. Mine looks like that, glue sticking out, rough edges etc etc. I never thought that those pics were any good and I never understood why people liked them........until I coated the helmet I was doing with PVA then plastidip and then sprayed it. It just brings it to life and makes it look amazing. I still don't like the un-sprayed parts, and I still want to always make it better, but I understand that that's how it should look before its finished. You have probably finished your suit by now, hope you like it. Are there any pics?
Yea my parts have glue overflow but before I seal them I remove most of it. Then when I paint the finish product looks a lot cleaner. Suits not done yet, at first I worked on it a lot but now I just been able to find a few hours here and there to work on it.
hey dude awesome job! and for the paint I like the blue and silver.so cool and RARE! and the red eyes and arc reactor is BAD-ASS!

Thanks I wanted to do Gunmetal instead of silver but it didn't seem to pop as much.

I've been working on my Mk VI for the past month or so and have a question that hopefully j0wE, dabiddabird or someone else can answer. I've been following Stealth's tuts and have attached the shoulder pauldrons to the chest/back using a 1" buckle at the top. Is this the preferred method or should I attach the pauldrons to the biceps as one unit? Or both? What are your plans, dabiddabird?

I love your arc reactor design. I plan to implement this in my suit very soon. And I love the stealth paint scheme. If this wasn't my first IM build, i would SO do the same colors.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back