Delete thread

Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread

Have got all your files for this specific project an I'm busy with my foam project but seems some things missing like elbows and some details for shoulders
I can make these myself using the team up pep files but just wanted to point it out
Thanks for the files guys
Stealth your tutorials rock!
I been looking at good wm costume builds online and just doesn't feel like I would have the skill to pull it off due to some shabby cuts and edges in my foam and also the foam pieces don't tend to stay round and instead try to flatten themselves out leaving my helmet funny looking
Then I noticed on these good looking builds online(even let's wm) if you zoom in on the pics they all look like mine so that gives me hope.

Sorry found files for iron man elbow posted by jose on previous page
Thanks again for the file guys

I have a really, really dumb question.

Could these "foam" templates be used with, say, plastic storage tubs instead?
I realize you'd need to add internal supports (and possibly a metric ton of pop rivits)
to pull it off.

Anyone done this method?

Thanks,

Russ

I have a really, really dumb question.

Could these "foam" templates be used with, say, plastic storage tubs instead?
I realize you'd need to add internal supports (and possibly a metric ton of pop rivits)
to pull it off.

Anyone done this method?

Thanks,

Russ
While I have not used plastic tubs, I want to point out that when using foam, a lot of the edges are removed. And that works because you can simply offset the foam to provide depth where needed. I don't know how thick the plastic you are using will be, but you might need to add some of the edges back in.

quick pics of the back and how the gun is mounted

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Hey Joshturismo. Sweet looking WM. Im pretty sure the mounted gun adds some weight to the back. So my question is, have you had any discomfort in the kneck area do to the added weight?

Hey Joshturismo. Sweet looking WM. Im pretty sure the mounted gun adds some weight to the back. So my question is, have you had any discomfort in the kneck area do to the added weight?

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. I did at first then i just added more foam from the inside (added foam to where it meets my shoulders) to push the whole upper body forward. Haha i hope I explained it well.

This is an awesome threat, thanks so much for posting, im gonna start with the head and neck and if it works out i'll do the whole thing

hey guys im kinda new to the whole costume building scene and i was wondering if any of you have any pepakura files for the war machine minigun for cardstock paper builds?

I know the good paints for IM, but what colors can I use for my WM armor to look closest to the movie?

stefano i just would like to say that .. i have trouble about this foam method..

example the pepakura file goes to 14 page .. in foam file they will be 6 page .. how can u complate the file ?

Sorry for the bother, but I need some help with scaling the helmet. The default scale for the helmet read the width being 176 mm which is 6.9 inches. My head's width is about 7.4 inches or so. So I scaled it up 10% to get 194 mm which is 7.6 inches. This seems like it's still going to be a bit tight since I need to add padding all around the interior as I will be making this out of steel.
However, even at this scale, the height now reads 310 mm which is 12.2 inches. My head measures only 10.5 inches from the bottom of the jaw to the top of the head. Even if I use an inch of the space for padding (which is a lot), I'll still have about 3/4 of an inch left.

What should I do?

Is anyone else having issues trying to open the files to download? i keep getting this https status 500 error. :/

A big thanks to Juice, Stealth, and Shades for their posts and videos! I followed their threads for many months!

This was my first pep build and I decided to go with the EVA foam and hot glue (seemed easy enough). Overall I am extremely pleased with the product.

Though you can't tell from the pictures (outdoor shots), the eyes and arc reactor light up, mini gun spins, and both arm guns have flashing lights controlled by triggers hidden in the forearms. Each gun can fire individually or in any combination thanks to a custom circuit board and sound effects. And for icing on the cake it plays "Back in Black" and "Shoot to Thrill". I will try to get some videos on YouTube up of it all working.

The photos below was taken at the Marvel shoot at this year's Dragon*Con in Atlanta.

war-machine-bill.jpg

detail.jpg

What a BEAST!

I like your "smokey" looking painting job. Really makes that thing pop.

make me excited to complete mine now, thanks for posting!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back