Delete thread

Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread

hey stealth, i have the "hand" file from "zabana" which i edit to foam, can i email you to see what you think??:)

Well my wrist might be out for a while..so i guess I will post this pic to show my progress..once again thanks to Juice, Stealth and jOwE. ill open my own thread soon when I'm ready to get back on my wm.

dont mind the helmet. it looks crappy so I will be making another helmet once my wrist is better.
032.jpg

The chest looks great and you did a good job on the helmet considering it's foam
but I'm not a big fan of the foam helmets for myself.

I believe at least the helmet should be finished in some kind of resin and sanded with filler.

It's the focal point of the build where everyone will look at first. You'd want it looking as real/sharp as possible.

That being said, if you have no interest in sanding and all that fuss then keep building and going till the finish. :)

Steff maybe I missed it in the thread but didn't find it. What's the scale on these pieces? Would like to get something close to what Randy has done with his Mark3. :) Thanks again man.

Steff maybe I missed it in the thread but didn't find it. What's the scale on these pieces? Would like to get something close to what Randy has done with his Mark3. :) Thanks again man.

Hey Clinton
the scale is around 1.8 default. I think that was for someone 5'6-5'9 from the early testing days for the upper half, but the legs were for someone 5' 10 ish.
you'll have to play around with that as the suit was modelled from the action figure with not the most realistic proportions.

The chest looks great and you did a good job on the helmet considering it's foam
but I'm not a big fan of the foam helmets for myself.

I believe at least the helmet should be finished in some kind of resin and sanded with filler.

It's the focal point of the build where everyone will look at first. You'd want it looking as real/sharp as possible.

That being said, if you have no interest in sanding and all that fuss then keep building and going till the finish. :)

Ill think about doing that later. I resined and fiberglassed it before but it did not turn out the way I wanted it to..Plus it was way too big..thats why I switched to foam..I saw your vids and I liked the way your iron man was turning out so I just started foaming. But I might do it again. Helmets turn out kinda boxy in foam

I saw in a few of these posts that it was scaled up for a few people - is there a link to the scaled up version? I am 6'1" - 230lbs and would love to start on this next since im almost finished with my Mark VI foam build - any help with the scaling would be awesome thanks!

I'm currently working on Robo3687's, only the chest piece so far, and really looking forward to this one after im done. Thanks guys.

Do I just do the same scaling for the rest of the pieces as whats set for the chest and back? Wasn't sure if the same scaling would work for all the files.

the scale on the rest of the pieces should probably be ok, unless you have very large arms or legs, try building a bicep then see where to go from there, the biceps are pretty large

Ok cool, just wasn't sure about the waist or length of the leg sections meeting up. Will be starting this in the next week as soon as I finish strapping the Mark VI and painting it.

Hey Clinton
the scale is around 1.8 default. I think that was for someone 5'6-5'9 from the early testing days for the upper half, but the legs were for someone 5' 10 ish.
you'll have to play around with that as the suit was modelled from the action figure with not the most realistic proportions.

Hi,

first of all Thx to all the people who made these files, stealth, j0we, juice ect u did a great job.
Now to the scaling, Im doing this suit for a friend who is 180 cm .5'9 I think and 80 kgs 175lbs I think.. hes "normal" build .. not fat nor thin. Could I use these in normal scale the come with or would I have to rescale any bits u think?

Thanks in advance for any replies

/danny

I think the default scale will work for him. I have found that the files are too small for me but I'm significantly taller and bigger.

I noticed that the War Machine set is missing elbows, and the bicep does not connect to the forearm in any way.

There also is not a file for the guns on War Machine's arms (which should connect to where the big flat area is). Any plans to release foam-friendly templates for the guns?

I noticed that the War Machine set is missing elbows, and the bicep does not connect to the forearm in any way.

There also is not a file for the guns on War Machine's arms (which should connect to where the big flat area is). Any plans to release foam-friendly templates for the guns?

Hmmm I don't know about the guns. But I have seen someone use the IM MVI forearms as a base. Then putting the WM gauntlets over them. This little step solves the elbow issue. Because the WM bicep does have a tab for attaching the elbow. Hope this helps. If I can find the thread I saw it in I will post it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back