Delete thread

Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread

here's what I have gotten done on the HD helm, like I said, it's better to use thinner foam on the detail pieces

Faceplate, needs heat shaping and to be attached to the rest of the helmet

2011-10-11_16-32-09_507.jpg

Mohawk

2011-10-11_16-32-03_102.jpg

Jaw

2011-10-11_16-31-55_700.jpg

All the pieces that I've gotten done

2011-10-11_16-31-38_304.jpg

I just started the foam helm of the mark4 by sharkbeetle but I think I will mod it to look like the wm helm you modded Stealth.It's in black 6mm foam and is coming along better than I thought it would.I was going to do the mk4 foam build but I like the War Machine better. These foam patterns are very user friendly and your tutorials are very helpful!:thumbsup How you find the time to do these is nuts:wacko.Keep up the good work.BTW are you planning to do the gloves?

It would probably be better to start the WM helm from scratch, they look nothing alike.

I agree with j0wE, you're better off just using the file j0wE modded on the first page but hey man, if you mod it to WM specs, I'd love to see it good luck. :)

Here's a more completed helm. It's taken as long if not less time as the iron man helm I did before.

2011-10-11_23-43-50_700.jpg

2011-10-11_23-44-15_255.jpg

2011-10-11_23-44-01_344.jpg

yes I know some of the stuff is a little crooked, it's not glued completely in some spots, just mocked up for the pics.

Hey Stealth and j0wE,i took your advice and I'm just going to finish the mk4 helm and not mod it into the WM helm. I cut out the paper templates and laid them over what I had done so far on the mk4 helm,(it was only the jaw and part of the back)and it just didn't line up right.I'll post a pic when the mk4 is finished.

Thanks man, It's too small for me so Imma give it to my kid. it will probably fit up to a 22 1/2" head at the default scale. i have a 23 1/4" head and it's snug, no room inside for any electronics, So Imma scale it up by 10% then see where that leaves me.

Thanks Stefano, I would have made him the whole outfit but he insisted on being the black suit spiderman. I've had my fun making the Iron Man helms but now I have to finish up my Begins suit and my scarecrow mask... Oy vey.

So, I've been making this so far, but I really only want the left arm. Can someone explain how to mount this together? I'm sort of combining the Mark VI and WM foam builds (I'm not really doing Iron Man, more of a single robot-style arm). I'm using the WM bicep/shoulder, to the Mark VI forearm.

The bicep to elbow to forearm is relatively straightforward - I should be able to pin them all together without too much trouble. The WM bicep is nice and snug right where it needs to be, and the anchor tabs SHOULD connect nicely. Any suggestions on mounting the shoulder? I've finished building it, it seems to fit nicely, but where do I anchor it?

I'm kind of new to the whole "make armor from foam" thing. :p

a lot of people either strap it with webbing(like backpack straps) to the bicep, or they use velcro on the underside of the shoulder and top of the bicep, I'd use the strapping because it would be more comfortable and give you more articulation

Okay, but where do I strap it TO? Like I said, I'm not doing anything like a full build, just a left arm. Strapping it to the bicep top is fine, but it'll just flop around at the top then.

Maybe a safety pin + elastic on the underside would work, so I could pin it in place.

after stealth announce of the wm foam templet release...
i say to myself i have to build this one... to i put aside my un finished suit and started build it see how it went and im hooked :love.... thanks stealth and everyone who is involve for the templet, ur the live saver

looks good man, you should leave it the funky colors. Go as the halequin WM.

:lol hahaha thank, thats wat u get when using "kiddies" foam puzzle.... now im doing on the boots..

I know someone asked a similar question but I just want to get it straight..so the helmet SHOULD have about 2" in the back? I have completed the helm but I think I look like a bobble head in it because it's so big in the back..also should u have alot of mobility when u have the helmet on with the chest armor? I could move it up and down with no problem but I only have like maybe 1 to 2 inches that I can move from left to right..does this mean my scaling is off on my chest or helm?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back