Delete thread

Re: JUICE's WAR MACHINE - Pepakura FOAM Template Files Thread

I just bought those same ones at Harbor Freight today, really good deal but they are 1/2". I am having no luck finding anything thinner, any tips?

Try a local upholstery place, they use the thinner closed cell foam(EVA) for vinyl tops and they might have thicker foam. That's where I am gonna get my foam from now on.

I've been using the 1/2" ones from Harbor Freight, good price on those, but the are too think for some stuff. I might check Sports Authority, there is one down the road. Thanks guys.

@ Stealth Though I've only just started posting I felt inspired by your efforts in modifying pep files for foam. So I've had a crack at a helmet file from Sharkhead-Nobody. Can I send it to you to look over and post?
Thanks
Grev

@ Stealth Though I've only just started posting I felt inspired by your efforts in modifying pep files for foam. So I've had a crack at a helmet file from Sharkhead-Nobody. Can I send it to you to look over and post?
Thanks
Grev

I would like to see it if that's ok too :)

Edited, More accurate helm file in the first post

Last edited:

Hey jOwE, I love the simplicity of the helmet, esp since time's running short. And it looks great too! One question though, and I'm only asking because it is the helmet. What is an ideal thickness of foam for building the helmet? Any and all answers for this will be very appreciated. Thanks!

Hey jOwE, I love the simplicity of the helmet, esp since time's running short. And it looks great too! One question though, and I'm only asking because it is the helmet. What is an ideal thickness of foam for building the helmet? Any and all answers for this will be very appreciated. Thanks!

I've used 2mm foamies and 4mm closed cell(EVA) foam on iron man helms, and am using 6mm on the War Machine helm. I seriously recommend the 4mm. the 6mm is too thick and the 2mm is too thin. The helmet doesn't hold it's shape with the 2mm. 4mm seems perfect.

I don't like the 6mm foam, too hard to get right. this is as far as I got before I called it quits. I will be starting over with 4mm foam tomorrow.

2011-10-10_18-37-00_248.jpg

2011-10-10_18-36-43_547.jpg

2011-10-10_18-36-35_560.jpg

I would like to see it if that's ok too :)

sure more eyes the better, though I've no idea how to go about making it available aside from emailing the file... If you can set me straight on that we are in business.
Grev

Nice mod J0wE, i'll add to first post.

EDIT- First post updated with J0wE Foam Helmet Mod

anyone have a different WM helm? I just noticed the one by dungbeetle doesn't have the rear "neck" area.

Edited, More accurate helm file in the first post

Last edited:

Glad someone "went there" with that HD helmet.

Great modding once again J0wE

First Post has been updated with more accurate Foam Helmet file

Ready to be built.

Edited, look for files in the first post.

Last edited:

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and input.

Last edited:

First Page has been updated with the remainder of the War machine files thanks to j0wE's assistance.

I'd like to thank the others who had contributed their efforts as well.
honorable mentions go to "Topshape" and "Grevious" for their efforts as well.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back