V Visitor Helmet Question - Old TV Show

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
I think this is an obvious question, but have to do it, did the use a M1 helmet right?

VHelmet-03.jpg

But I do noticed that most of them have rivets all around. Found some eBay that don't have them. All M1 were the same? It seems those rivets are from the liner fix system right?

Yeah, I think the studded version was the Liner version..

Yep...the studs were for the webbing support system inside the liner. The liners were lighter weight than the metal "steel pots."

You can find liners on eBay or a gun/militaria shows. Other countries used very similar liners for their version of the M-1 helmets, but made out of plastic (the Dutch helmets come to mind).

That appears to be a 1980s M-1 parachutist helmet liner based on the snaps on the inside of the liner. Any Vietnam or later liner should work, as long as it has the black metal buckles inside where the black strap is attached.

Found out that the most popular liner used was the type 1. Look at this:
2011-10-05_23-33-33_500.jpg

This is the only variant I found:
2011-10-05_23-04-46_522.jpg

2011-10-05_23-09-15_284.jpg

2011-10-05_22-55-08_878.jpg

Watch the entire The Finnal Battle DVD. Last ones have a small hole. Paratroppers liners don't have holes there. Maybe will find a paratrooper liner in the 19 episodes series. Watch until ep 11, and still nothing.

Watch the entire The Finnal Battle DVD. Last ones have a small hole. Paratroppers liners don't have holes there. Maybe will find a paratrooper liner in the 19 episodes series. Watch until ep 11, and still nothing.

Based on Beechy's photo of the inside, it (or his, at least) is a paratrooper liner...as evidenced by the snaps and the what appears to be cut A-yokes.

It is certainly more than possible that they used different types of liners based on availability.

As long as it has the black buckles (that were for the nape strap), you should be good to go.

I know, but as usual, I am concerned about screen accuracy. All liners dated from 1966 or so had that buckle. So, that won't be a problem. The problem is to get one in great conditions still having that buckle.:$

I am concerned about the quantity of rivets that will expose a paratrooper liner. This is how it looks one of them from the side:
post-4200-1271437806.jpg

Too many rivets for my taste.:unsure

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back