DC Sandman (Wesley Dodds) Gas Gun

whiteraven

So I've been a long-time Lurker, watcher, and rare poster, but I thought I should show off one of my recent builds I did.

I'm making the complete costume for a DC version of Sandman, aka Sanderson Hawkins.

One of the gadgets he carries is the Gas Gun made by his predecessor, so I had to include one with my costume.

Somewhat simple build, but I like my results.

I didn't realize Sandy ended up carrying a gun so similar to the "Sandman Mystery Theater" version. I always thought he had the slimmer version from the regular JSA title. Nice. I'm going to end up rebuilding mine at some point - the nozzle keeps coming off. I also met a guy dressed as Darkwing Duck at DCon and he had a little chamber in his gun. He put a tiny bit of liquid in, and the gun would smoke. He said it's available from a hobby store and is the same stuff used for model train engines.

So I've been a long-time Lurker, watcher, and rare poster, but I thought I should show off one of my recent builds I did.

I'm making the complete costume for a DC version of Sandman, aka Sanderson Hawkins.

One of the gadgets he carries is the Gas Gun made by his predecessor, so I had to include one with my costume.

would you be able to send me the build instruction for that particular version. I am doing the same costume for NYCC this year and already have the gas mask and the rest of the costume, but finding a flare gun to modify has been a PAIN IN THE ARSE. thanks in advance.

Hello White Raven,
i'm very new in the making of prop's. I want to construct the gas gun of Sandman beacause i would like to cosplay it in the next comiccon MTL 2014. If you could explain how you did it. And if it doesn't bother you i would like to do not the same but a little bit similar of yours. Thanks in advance.

I have to ask, is that a caulking gun repurposed as the Sandman gun?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back