Help identify clockwork orange prop

MiSTRFiNGA

Hello. I am wanting to find a few tools seen in movies. I am wanting to find eye and mouth "clasps" I have done several searches online but I could only find a dental mouth "bridge" which looked kinda like eyelash pluckers to me. The kinda tools you see in horror style movies to hold open peoples eyes and mouths in a "torture"-like" way presumably from antique style medicine. I have attached a pic from clockwork orange of the eye ones, I couldnt find the pic I wanted of the mouth piece. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. TiA..

It's called an "Eyelid Retractor" or "Eyelid-Retractor" depending on who you talk to. Here's an image of a antique surgeon's case, the retractor in the upper right of the case is similar in design.

s26027instruments-in-case2_lgs219.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(SurferGeek @ Sep 12 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]1318688[/snapback]</div>
It's called an "Eyelid Retractor" or "Eyelid-Retractor" depending on who you talk to. Here's an image of a antique surgeon's case, the retractor in the upper right of the case is similar in design.

[/b]

yeeow, now your signature picture of picard makes more sense. :love

Ouch...reminds me of when I had lasik done...9 weeks of HELL...bleeding in the eyes for days...but I got on every News channel in OKC...they all did a story on me about it...and a couple of weeks after the story ran the office closed up shop and moved on. the good thing was all the medical was paid for and now I have 20/20 with out glasses or contacts. wow that sounds like it could be a TV ad.

Good grief.
By the sounds of that it seems you're lucky that you made it with your eyesight intact.
Sorry you had to go through that.

<div class='quotetop'>(prop fan @ Sep 13 2006, 01:11 AM) [snapback]1318985[/snapback]</div>
Ouch...reminds me of when I had lasik done...9 weeks of HELL...bleeding in the eyes for days...but I got on every News channel in OKC...they all did a story on me about it...and a couple of weeks after the story ran the office closed up shop and moved on. the good thing was all the medical was paid for and now I have 20/20 with out glasses or contacts. wow that sounds like it could be a TV ad.
[/b]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back