Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could speculate on how close these files will be to the suit Pepper dons in IM3? I realize i'm asking before the movie is released but I have been bitten by the costume bug and am itching to work on my next big costume.
I was also wondering if anyone could be nice and help a lady out. I currently only have a mac and pepakura doesn't support mac. I was hoping someone could scale the files down to a 5'2" height and send me pdfs.

It's not so much as scaling for a 5'2" person, but your different parts are different heights/widths.

I'm 5'1" but I have an inseam of 32" (which is weird for someone my height - that means a little more than half my height are the height of my legs).

What you should do is take the measurements of your different parts:

Head (height add for padding)
Torso (your width)
Stomach (width)
Shoulders
Biceps (height)
Forearms (height)
Thighs (height)
Shins (Height)

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

It's been a few months since I was last on the RPF forum and the Iron Man threads. There's some truly fantastic work going on right now on MK IV/VI, Iron Patriot, and Mark 47 armor. Exciting to see! I finished a Mark VI armor a few months ago based on the templates created by Pepakura masters (thanks STEALTH, Robo3687, Sharkman, DancinFool, and JOwE). This was my first attempt at any form of replica costume, and now I think I'm hooked on learning more. Here's a look at the final product, which took 5 months of mostly weekend work (pictured on a mannequin).

I took many pics during for posting on the forum to give people a chance to see how it came together, and provide some references for your work. Probably best to post those in a separate thread, yes?

image-1.jpg

@MajikTime I agree with @Deelite you can´t make the whole armor in one scale, mos t of the times doesn´t work. I use this (really basic) draw to take the measures and then work with the files. Hope this help.
View attachment 154005

@Gladiator your built looks awesome! I´d like to see the process!! For me is the best part, see how all the things come out together!

i'm lucky in that my body shape fits a 5'11" to 6'1/2" pepakura scale pretty perfectly without altering... unfortunately If the files aren't to that scale I don't know what to do lol :(

Thanks Rodolfo. I added a couple more photos to my MK 6 suit build album under my profile. I have a whole lot more to upload.

Thanks gladiator I saw your album!
ThumbsUp! Waiting to see more!!

well, i plan to at least display the arm when im done, i'm kind of doing a cosplay of tony while he was tweaking his gauntlet during IM1 before he goes to Afghanistan to blow up his weapons. chillin on his couch with the gauntlet on wired to the chest piece. making it my own my using the entire mk7 armor from forearm down just because i like it a bit better.

progress...

482728_705530564350_322409792_n.jpg

393716_705530549380_961050320_n.jpg

i was just wondering if using eva foam is better than card stock when it comes to building and painting.

Beautiful work,:thumbsup but take it from me, you will want more room in there if you are going to wire in working repulsors. If it is just for display, you will probably be ok.
I found out that I had to scale my War Machine gloves up even for TheRealStarks repulsors and they are very thin. you will need a housing to hold them ect...
The quality of your pep is outstanding, just didn't want you to get too far only to find out later like I did.:eek

Beautiful work,:thumbsup but take it from me, you will want more room in there if you are going to wire in working repulsors. If it is just for display, you will probably be ok.
I found out that I had to scale my War Machine gloves up even for TheRealStarks repulsors and they are very thin. you will need a housing to hold them ect...
The quality of your pep is outstanding, just didn't want you to get too far only to find out later like I did.:eek

i have plenty of room actually. my palm actually curves in alot. and the i LED i have is a flat disc with mini LED built into it.

something like this.
images

i have plenty of room actually. my palm actually curves in alot. and the i LED i have is a flat disc with mini LED built into it.

something like this.
images

yeah, You don't need much room. I have something similar to this but it's more of a light ring.
Would be nice to have the center lights like yours though.

Most excellent! Can't wait to see it finished!

LED ring looks good--I may use that geometry on my gloves. And thanks for sharing the dancing man picture Rodolfo--I wish I had this in my earlier days!

LED ring looks good--I may use that geometry on my gloves. And thanks for sharing the dancing man picture Rodolfo--I wish I had this in my earlier days!

You wellcome. I like that name for the picture! LOL
I hope it helps.

This is going to seem like a silly question, but since the glove pattern isn't a pep file, what program am I supposed to open it with? I've tried to just copy and save it, but the file won't open.

I just printed mine normally Wyldstaar

Thoughts...debating on connecting my ab section to the cod piece on my new suit..benefits/drawbacks? I hated how my ab section was always slouching (shouldve added a buckle under the reactor) Ideally I'd like to be able to sit in this suit as well. thoughts?

I'm thinking about the same thing. I will probably attach the front abs to the sides, but leave the top of the ab-plate free to go under the chest piece for when/if I sit down...hhhhmmmmm

I just printed mine normally Wyldstaar

Could you be a bit more specific please? What is normal for you is clearly not normal for me. I print images off the internet all the time with no difficulty by just right clicking and saving. Once a pic is saved, I can view it and/or print it at any time. That's what I consider to be normal.

When it comes to the glove diagrams, I can save them, but I can't view or print them with this method.

Hi all - I've been slowly adding reference images from my Mark 6 foam armor build. I hope some of you will find these useful. Here's some pics of the hands. I glued the foam pieces around a rubber glove (Gorilla Grip ..arrrr!) from the local Home Depot. These worked out great since the paint adhered to the rubber and the foam. I added LEDs from a dismantled flashlight; slipped between the glove and the foam - wired to a battery pack in the hand plate using 2-pin connectors. This also made it easier to take the armor hands on and off.

MK6 foam hands_prepainted.JPGMK6 Hand Build.JPG

and the painted hand.
MK6 foam Hand painted.JPG

Some details on the boot build. I used Robo3867's and Stealth's boot template for foam (on first page of this thread). I wanted to be able to walk without too much trouble and add some height (I'm 5'7''), so I padded the feet with rigid foam sandals. I cut them in half and built the boot around them -- see the picture. After adding more foam sandal pieces inside the boot, and rubber soled swim shoes I added about 3 inches to the suit.
Boot.JPG

Well i figured out where the foam pepakrua files were on the forum and printed out the mask and neck piece to iron man. Not sure which one it is though probabaly 6. Anyhow if this is what its supposed to look like im dooomed. I have no patience for the paper version and i jsut spent 30 bucks on a bunch of foam. This is made of foamies. I have the heavey garage style foam mattes that look like puzzle pieces and those will be for the rest of the suit but i need to know ahead of time... Did i screw up big time or what the hell is going on? Ive never been good at complex things like this... Help?
IronManMaskFoamies.jpg

SHARKMAN_IM_MK6_HELM_FOAM.pdo <--- this is the pattern i used.

Last edited:

Anyone figure anything out to cover up the lower butt area? I think that's one of the only places left I still need to find a way to cover..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back