Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

With this Helmet pattern... Can you make the face plate removable? Or is this pattern designed to keep an attached face plate?

Also I assume this pdo can be done in card stock too not just foam?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

I may help you mate :)
I did the brace because there was a gape between the chest and neck piece..

Here is how I connected it :

1869711510150_img_1249.jpg

17916263924427_img_1248.jpg

I glue the back of the brace piece to the back of the abs piece.
Then, I extended a bit the top of the front of the abs piece and pu velcro on it to connect it to the brace so I can wear it kinda like a shirt.

The hole is made to fit inside the hole for the arc rector in the chest piece :

9503129342025_img_1250.jpg

does the brace fit over your head or have you made an opening to get on and off?

you don't need the brace. all you needed was the top of the spine on the back of the brace to finish the back of the torso. For detail purposes.

The brace it's just for more detail ?

i like the idea of the brace attaching to the abs like mr bibou

hey Stealth im a BIG fan, I am trying to find a good foam glove pattern, Do you have a hand and finger pattern besides the one on page 1?

Help me out here.

hi.. can i ask what is the use of brace? because i download your complete pdo file from your other guide but it does not include the brace. thanks... newbie here. tryng to build IM suit for my 5 years old son

hi.. can i ask what is the use of brace? because i download your complete pdo file from your other guide but it does not include the brace. thanks... newbie here. tryng to build IM suit for my 5 years old son

The brace isn't really necessary, but it is used for detail purposes. The neck part of the brace is used to finish the torso area, but the rest of the brace is optional.

thanks guys for the reply. im gonna make the helmet 1st.. reading how to scale now. :)
Is 3mm thick rubber matting for the whole suit ok? im making this suit for my son. 5 years old. about 4 feet tall..

2012-12-01203239.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

Saw this post and wanted to try this out. I started useing foam board i got from the $ store for scaling.
It turned out better then i thought it would and it only took me 40 min to make. Im going to remake it soon. I played around with the cuting of the shapes and found the perfect way to cut them. Will make a new post on how to cut the foam board.

Last edited:

Lol... Funny u said that. Because that is what i plan on doing with that one paint and put it in my son's room. Will look good in his super hero room. And by the way thanks for all the help.

can someone teach me how to make the rubber curve? i cant make it curve. im trying to make the helmet.the gold part. the part on top of the eye. thanks.. sorry for being noob..

can someone teach me how to make the rubber curve? i cant make it curve. im trying to make the helmet.the gold part. the part on top of the eye. thanks.. sorry for being noob..

Do you have a heat gun? Or a blow dryer? Use those to warm the foam up and make them flexible, this will give them the curve you want.

thanks for reply. ill try that.. hmm.. i have another questtion. sorry for being too noob. im been working for the helmet for almost 10 hrs now. my problem is each piece wont fit perfectly? is there a guide on how to cut rubbers sheet properly? thanks. and also how to join each piece to make it fit perpectly. thanks.

how do you flip this file to do the other side? or do ya just print pages 3-6 out again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back