Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Ok so how can I make the cardboard parts harder? Where I live Im unable to find fiberglass....

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

wow that looks really good bro hope my one comes out as good or even nearly as good will do .

hello stealth!

I have been following your stuff on youtube. I am a newbie in all of this and I am going to start this project. Wish me luck, and thanks to your service in the costuming community.

Good luck Lexv. This is pretty much the go to thread if you need help. A lot of people here always chime in to assist.

Hi guys, this is my first project ever. Ive never done anything as daunting as this before, so it was really hard for me. I started with the helmet, and this was obviously a mistake (jumping first onto the helmet) but I finished it anyway. However, I feel like the helmet is too wide. Like his face is too fat or something. I just wanna get your opinions so Id know whether to remake the helmet or move on to other parts now...

Ps: pardon the unrotated photos as Im posting from a tablet. And much thanks to Stealth, I never thought I could make this without your videos.

Hi guys, this is my first project ever. Ive never done anything as daunting as this before, so it was really hard for me. I started with the helmet, and this was obviously a mistake (jumping first onto the helmet) but I finished it anyway. However, I feel like the helmet is too wide. Like his face is too fat or something. I just wanna get your opinions so Id know whether to remake the helmet or move on to other parts now...

Ps: pardon the unrotated photos as Im posting from a tablet. And much thanks to Stealth, I never thought I could make this without your videos.

I think it looks pretty good, as I've learned from numerous attempts and from other forums, never start with the helmet first! But like I said, it looks very nice actually :thumbsup

I would get more experience with the armor first then redo the helmet. You'll be surprised how much better you have gotten with foam by then. He's right. It's good to do it last. It's a decent helmet but you already know where you went wrong and what to fix for next time.

Looks good. I made the same mistake with my build too but I didn't finish the helmet I just moved on. After finishing the forearms I already have made improvements in my technique.

PS. Love the Sheldon style flash shirt.

heres where im at with mine!

Torso complete! just need to do the arms legs and boots!

2012-11-11_20-04-51_950.jpg

2012-11-11_20-45-58_26.jpg

ResizedImage_1351892220139.jpg

ResizedImage_1352172041892.jpg

2012-11-04_19-43-32_486.jpg

http://www.therpf.com/f24/mark-viiis-mark-vi-foam-build-163158/

Last edited:

mark viii, that looks really good! what did you do to paint the foam helm?

Does anyone else have problems with the paint having millions of spider cracks in the paint?

hello guys does any one have the .pdo for the elbows ?

The elbow is part of the forearm file - The elbow can be seen in the pictures on the first page - It is probably a good idea to check the actual files before requesting something like this on a bunch of threads

Last edited:

why's everyone asking for that? I've been getting pm's everywhere for this lately.

it's connected to the forearm in the file and clearly shown on the model. :unsure

It is probably a good idea to check the actual files before requesting something like this on a bunch of threads

exactly.

I know this has probably been asked a lot, but the answer wasn't in the first 10 pages and this thread is huge.
What is the default scale ( read: if I dont change the scale what size person will this fit? 5'8' - 6'1'?) something like that. Seems sensible to put in what the default scale is actually set to imo.

P.S. Love your tutorials Stealth, they helped me a lot building my Chaos Marine, very keen to build this.

Last edited:

hey guys ^___^ these templates were EXTREMELY helpful and I managed to put together an Iron Man costume for Halloween in two weeks! Granted, this costume is still a work in progress (still need the shoulders, biceps, thighs and fingers). I'm so excited to start wearing this to conventions and the Iron Man 3 premiere ;D

mbz3e.jpg

kY6wk.jpg

This build is made of cardboard and vinyl fabric but now i regret not using foam ;A;
I have more work-in-progress photos on my tumblr :)
IRON WOMAN v2 : WORK IN PROGRESS (AND STILL A WORK...

Thank you so much Stealth for posting the templates :DD

Amazing! That is so kick A cute! :behave
Great work!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back