Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Been following the guides and here is mine based on Stealths Foam Templates. Just the repulsors and the helmet lighting to complete. VERY happy with the end result. Couldn't get the texture out of the foam without doing another 5 coats of PVA and I just don't have the time... so this will have to do. :)

Any suggestions on what to seal it with so it doesn't crack?

12896_10151176764623241_567974185_n.jpg

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

yeah...I guess "AWESOME" will have to do

jerk...

j/k:thumbsup

oh, don't forget the gold in the chin lip.

Few more touch ups before the party on Friday. The chin lip I totally forgot about. Thanks for making these available, Stealth. I've never attempted Pepakura before and your templates are simply fantastic. Got me hooked for sure. Although the wife is probably gonna kill me if I attempt something like this again.

:lol

Few more touch ups before the party on Friday. The chin lip I totally forgot about. Thanks for making these available, Stealth. I've never attempted Pepakura before and your templates are simply fantastic. Got me hooked for sure. Although the wife is probably gonna kill me if I attempt something like this again.

:lol

good ol' prop widow. :love

Been following the guides and here is mine based on Stealths Foam Templates. Just the repulsors and the helmet lighting to complete. VERY happy with the end result. Couldn't get the texture out of the foam without doing another 5 coats of PVA and I just don't have the time... so this will have to do. :)

Awesome great job, as for the texture, what kind of foam did you use, i used eva foam which is smooth. my armor cracks no matter how much plasti dip i use but not bad at all. either way most people wont see the cracks. i drive my girl nuts because i complain about it all thetime. but either way awesome job.

Big thanks to Stealth/Robo for the foam files, and thanks a lot to everyone on the forum. I learned a lot from every Iron Man build on here. I also have the gloves and boots that aren't pictured. The helmet isn't finished yet, but it's in the bondo stage. Looks like I will be finished by Halloween. 12 mm foam. 5 coats of PVA, 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of paint.

I agree...the area between the upper thigh and cod is a problem. I was going to use the method that someone on the forum did (can't remember his name right now) and make filler pieces. My problem is that there isn't enough room for the filler pieces to go up into the cod's leg opening. Hopefully, my metallic red zentai suit will help minimize the gap. I may try making something out of 2mm foam and attaching it directly to the zentai suit.

I have the same problem with the front section I tried to make them but i have no room. I have no room for the restroom either, so I just left it open and it just easier. I'll def try something for my next suit and post if I figure something out. Please do the sam eif you figure an easy way to.

Some great suits in here. I think I will have to give this a shot. What is the easiest piece of the armor to start with for a first timer?

Some great suits in here. I think I will have to give this a shot. What is the easiest piece of the armor to start with for a first timer?

Probably the chest armor. I'll give you the advice that everybody gives and nobody takes. Do not start with the helmet.

Probably the chest armor. I'll give you the advice that everybody gives and nobody takes. Do not start with the helmet.

Lol. The helmet is definitely the piece you would want first. Thanks for the advice. I was thinking either chest or abs.

Got to wear my build this weekend, it turned out pretty good, except for the abs....I dont think I made them long enough, as the undersuit was showing :( Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this? The only thing I can think of is to add another tier of abs to the top.....

8113405385_59a3217008_z.jpg

heyy i do believe your shoulder bells are facing the wrong way :V
awesome work though

heyy i do believe your shoulder bells are facing the wrong way :V
awesome work though

I agree. I used a marker on the inside of mide so I wouldnt get them mixed up :facepalm

Hi All,

Just signed up because I have been reading these forums for a while now and because I am starting my first costume build with the Iron Man Mark 4.

I live is Queensland Australia so I have had to find alternate sources for the materials. So any Aussies looking to do foam builds, I found that http://www.dymanfoams.com.au/ is a great supplier of EVA foam. I got a massive sheet 1000mm x 2000mm x 6mm for AUD$28. It's quite rigid so its works pretty well so far. Good price and quality so I will going there for future builds.

Will post up some pics of my progress as I get further into the build.

Cheers

HELP!

I painted my suit a cpl days ago...it looked terribly spotty, so i did 2 more coats today, and its still drying flat and foggy, with spots /streaks of the metallic finish. Im using the popular dark cherry metallic Duplicolor, 2 coats primer, 5 coats pva/water...now im in panic mode! This makes 4 coats of red (6cans) and its still not shiny :'(
any suggestions on a fix??!?

thnx

Untitled by ajakadoo, on Flickr

HELP!

I painted my suit a cpl days ago...it looked terribly spotty, so i did 2 more coats today, and its still drying flat and foggy, with spots /streaks of the metallic finish. Im using the popular dark cherry metallic Duplicolor, 2 coats primer, 5 coats pva/water...now im in panic mode! This makes 4 coats of red (6cans) and its still not shiny :'(
any suggestions on a fix??!?

thnx

Spray a clear gloss coat over it. It will make a huge difference.

after priming i paint parts chrome atleast 2 coats then layer on the red then the blk wash and any other effects and finally a glossy clear coat... hope this helps

I just took my heat gun to one of the shins. It seemed to pull the 'foggy' spots out a bit, should I do that to the whole suit before a clear coat? Or just go ahead with the clear? :/

I'm worried about damaging the paint, or possibly loosening the hot glue in the seams, but it appears to improve the consistency of the paint finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back