Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Neoakaj, I like the looks of your suit. I hadn't planned on doing any weathering on mine until after Halloween, but after seeing yours, I believe that I am going to have to. Did you do any "blackwashing" or is it mostly drybrushing silver on the edges? Either way, it looks good and "worn".

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Hey guys such amazing work everywhere! I'm about to start my build thread. I have a question though. I'm a bigger guy (my belly is big) and I wear a size 7 1/2 fitted hat. The helmet (sharkbeetle) I made is a little snug. So is the neck. I've left everything in the default scale so far. Should I increase the size of everything? What piece could I make that would give me a good estimate if everything else will fit or not?

Neoakaj, I like the looks of your suit. I hadn't planned on doing any weathering on mine until after Halloween, but after seeing yours, I believe that I am going to have to. Did you do any "blackwashing" or is it mostly drybrushing silver on the edges? Either way, it looks good and "worn".

It's all dry brushing with silver paint. There is some shadowing in some areas that were done with a air brush as well. The blast marks on the left thigh were done with airbrush as well, to cover some paint peel.

Wow, look at all the suits. you guys are awesome.:thumbsup

You guys made me make a new mark VI. I missed the old one I made/danced in/destroyed/threw away last year. Nice to have it almost back.

Getting closer... I might make it before Halloween.
udy6ahud.jpg

Keep going Jeff...that helmet came out spot on...looking forward to a splash of colour on it now :thumbsup

Thanks, guys. Still a lot to do but I feel like the end is in sight now.

looks great Jeff! What paint process are you using?

Anyone have a file for the hand plates? Thanks

looks great Jeff! What paint process are you using?

Anyone have a file for the hand plates? Thanks

I'm using XRobot's method using the Smooth-On 65D Resin coating. Then prime and paint as normal.

how do i attach and where do i attach the shoulders?

I did. Here's what I was referring to. It was Roy that did the fill pieces.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/our-iron-man-mark-iv-thigh-codpiece-147069/

His method works great, as long as you have room between your leg and the opening of the cod piece.

My cod piece was originally too small and I had to add some pieces to make it fit so its a bit tight. Still though, I would try to make that work. Wonder why nobody has templates for this area of the suit?!?

Awesome!!! thank you so much stealth :D im working on the helmet atm!
cant wait till i finish the whole costume soon :)

Cya! :)

Thanks guys! My first costume was a great success!
I've never been so popular in my life!!

77482293574810753761749.jpg

So how do you guys do the movie premiers. Do you just show up in your suit?!

Actually you can find top-thigh templates here : Iron Man Mark IV & VI Upper Thigh Part Pattern

Absolutely sweet! Ill make these today prolly. Thanks a ton!!

So how do you guys do the movie premiers. Do you just show up in your suit?!

Great question I was wondering that myself. I figured you probably call them and tell them you are interested...?

I think it's a good idea you let the Theatre know as well. I'm sure they'd love it. Just for safety reasons though, I'd call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back