Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

So I was browsing some of the IM builds and ran across the build that BlackDynamo1 made last year. Its a really great build. check it out HERE I was wondering if anyone can create some template for some of the areas that are still exposed like what Delray did in his build. I have attached pics for reference from his build showing what I am talking about. The three pieces I would be mainly worried about would be the inner arm where the forearm and bicep join, the back of the kneee area, and the larger piece being the upper thigh addon. I think these would really help to complete the builds a bit more. thoughts? templates? thanks!
Ant

Check out this build from Dynofiend mate.....he used neoprene strips to make those fill in pieces.
What i did was use 2mm foam instead of neoprene on my suit and it seemed to work really nicely
Here are the pics from my suit
elbow.jpg

knee.jpg

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

the way i got mine to line up was i put everythng together, then i hot glued the clip on the bottom side of the neck piece. when it was dry i took my x-acto knife and just cut the foam, that way no matter what it'll always line up. i'll take pics today i got busy trying to put extra butt parts together to hide mine from showing. i'll send pics today when i get home for sure... I glued it to the piece that rest on the shoulders and not the neck area.
I have a pic of what I used, I used the small clip not the large one.

Love it ! thank you very much !

Well, here is about 3 weeks work. I am trying to get everything to fit. Massive pain in the... A big thanks to all those who posted in this thread giving tips and the files!

2e394b0a3a13cdeb10f9914eccd3987f.jpg

c6fb0276acad20fa6920571d5cdac0fb.jpg

003d43ef23ed33d7e30237b17d438088.jpg

Lemme know what ya think and thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Another stupid question. Can anybody sit down wearing the costume?

Another stupid question. Can anybody sit down wearing the costume?
Thats the one problem i had with my suit....i can't sit down in it:facepalm
I suppose it's only a minor problem, but i would have liked my suit to be as maneuverable as i am without it on.....oh well that will be my goal with my next suit.

so what's the consensus on binding the joints? book binding screws, those kitchen cupboard screws?

also, don't think I missed it but where is the file for the handplates? thanks!

Just a simple question for you pros. I am working on the helmet now. It looks like some of you foam builders don't have the curvature slits. How do you achieve that? Is the fold just that great, or is it disregarded and you simply bend the foam and trim the excess?

Im looking to do the MK4 just as a display piece..Can I just print the file at the size they are and everything will fit?? and what height and weight would the current size fit??

Im looking to do the MK4 just as a display piece..Can I just print the file at the size they are and everything will fit?? and what height and weight would the current size fit??

Yes it should, and should be for a 6'0" person. Average build.

so what's the consensus on binding the joints? book binding screws, those kitchen cupboard screws?

also, don't think I missed it but where is the file for the handplates? thanks!
I used the cupboard screws, i also glued in a piece of plastic on the inside of the joints so the screws wouldn't just rip through the foam

The handplates came with JFcustoms modified files from Robo3687's MK4/6 files that i used

Here is my WIP. This was my quick foam suit for Halloween. I started a month ago today. The only items that I had before starting were the Helmet from TJack, the boots from my resin WIP, and the Uni-beam.

PA160275_zps32aacf70.jpg

PA160276_zps54dc536e.jpg

PA160277_zpse74c211b.jpg

Check out this build from Dynofiend mate.....he used neoprene strips to make those fill in pieces.
What i did was use 2mm foam instead of neoprene on my suit and it seemed to work really nicely
Here are the pics from my suit
elbow.jpg

knee.jpg

That looks nice! What did you attach the 2mm strips to? Are the connected to the bicep/forearm, or connected to the under suit? I'm considering gluing the strips directly to the under suit rather than the armor.

For the area between the forearm and bicep, I used a section of rubber mat that you can buy at most hardware stores (I got mine from Menards). You buy it by the foot and it is usually on a roll. Sprayed it with Duplicolor Sunburst Gold and have it attached by a section of velcro on the bicep side. Flexible enough to not cause any mobility issues.

20120912_142952.jpg

Here's a pic of the entire suit (pardon the messy garage :eek)

20121015_162900.jpg

I'm still working on the rear filler pieces between the thigh and calf. I've made up something very similar to Dynamo's using 2mm foamies. The issue that I kept having was that the little "fingers" on the sides kept wanting to get caught on the hinge and come out of the opening. I have some 4-way red spandex left over from the undergloves that I made. I'm going to try and make a cuff out of the spandex and attach the filler pieces to them. I can then put them on like knee pads. Might need to do something to keep them in one place, but that's the easy part. :lol

Would any kind soul be able to provide/point me in the direction of a .pdf version of the Mark 4 brace file?
There is a pack of .pdf files that someone zipped up from earlier in this thread, but it has everything but the brace.

I can only print at work and don't have access to Pepakura here. D:

That looks nice! What did you attach the 2mm strips to? Are the connected to the bicep/forearm, or connected to the under suit? I'm considering gluing the strips directly to the under suit rather than the armor.

I connected the strips to 3 vertical strips on the back and then glued the top piece directly to the armor, and left the bottom free to move when i bend my elbow/knee.
I do like your idea of fixing them to the under suit but i wanted a more closed in look without any gaps (where possible)

For the area between the forearm and bicep, I used a section of rubber mat that you can buy at most hardware stores (I got mine from Menards). You buy it by the foot and it is usually on a roll. Sprayed it with Duplicolor Sunburst Gold and have it attached by a section of velcro on the bicep side. Flexible enough to not cause any mobility issues.

20120912_142952.jpg

Here's a pic of the entire suit (pardon the messy garage :eek)

20121015_162900.jpg

I'm still working on the rear filler pieces between the thigh and calf. I've made up something very similar to Dynamo's using 2mm foamies. The issue that I kept having was that the little "fingers" on the sides kept wanting to get caught on the hinge and come out of the opening. I have some 4-way red spandex left over from the undergloves that I made. I'm going to try and make a cuff out of the spandex and attach the filler pieces to them. I can then put them on like knee pads. Might need to do something to keep them in one place, but that's the easy part. :lol

Thats similar to what I am gonna do. In gonna use elastic strips to keep the fingers in check. Now we just gotta figure out the area between the cod and thighs thats exposed. Its buggin the crap out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...the area between the upper thigh and cod is a problem. I was going to use the method that someone on the forum did (can't remember his name right now) and make filler pieces. My problem is that there isn't enough room for the filler pieces to go up into the cod's leg opening. Hopefully, my metallic red zentai suit will help minimize the gap. I may try making something out of 2mm foam and attaching it directly to the zentai suit.

I agree...the area between the upper thigh and cod is a problem. I was going to use the method that someone on the forum did (can't remember his name right now) and make filler pieces. My problem is that there isn't enough room for the filler pieces to go up into the cod's leg opening. Hopefully, my metallic red zentai suit will help minimize the gap. I may try making something out of 2mm foam and attaching it directly to the zentai suit.

Did you see the pics I posed on the previous page? They show how BlackDynamo1 dis his. I would love if someone made templates for these!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back