Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

okay folks. For the life of me, i have searched and searched and cant find an answer. ont the neck piece. how does anyone here seperate it and fasten it ? i tried velcro on both sides. but that just made it impossible to put on. Can I get a little help please ??!!

on the sides i just used a small plastic clip that some folks use on those large key chains. i just wrap it around my neck and clip i'll take some pics when I get home and try to post so you can see. one side is secured and only one side has the clip underneath the nech area that goes aroun the shoulder area. hope fully you;ll understand.,

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

I love both of those ideas. I did put velco on the side of the build im doing. but it was so hard getting it to line up right when trying to put it on. I like the idea of the back though. But i would love to see some pics of your idea if its not too much trouble army navy. Thanks guys !!

Ok im at a loss trying to figure out how to secure the back to the chest peice. I glued one side but the other i cant get secure. Ive tried snaps (which pop off), buckle (that i cant reach to buckle), idk what to do.

Ok im at a loss trying to figure out how to secure the back to the chest peice. I glued one side but the other i cant get secure. Ive tried snaps (which pop off), buckle (that i cant reach to buckle), idk what to do.

I added a tab underneath the foam and attached velcro to it and to the back side of the other piece, this way its easy to pop on and off, stays and you can reasonably put it on yourself.

I used gym mat flooring and I can't move in my suit :(

I added a tab underneath the foam and attached velcro to it and to the back side of the other piece, this way its easy to pop on and off, stays and you can reasonably put it on yourself.

Ive tried that, the velcro wont hold good because there is alot of tension between the 2 pieces. That and the seam is under my arm

some put padding. some put a "halo" inside that fits the top of their head.

I just hot glued the lining from a hard-hat into my helmet. It is comfortable and allows air flow all around my noggin.

This may be a stupid question but can you guys fully suit up yourself without any help?

This may be a stupid question but can you guys fully suit up yourself without any help?

I tried suiting up my upper body, I can't wear the other arm.

I can...but its difficult putting on the arms, and there is the risk of the paint rubbing on the shoulders so i always ask for a hand with those pieces

I need help because I have to buckle the chest and back piece together. It dosnt help that my hight increases by about 5 inches when I put on the boots.

How is everyone doing the padding in the helmet? Do you just put some on all 4 sides to keep it in place?
I just usee extra foam, some on top back and sides. if you screw up you can just rip it off. hot glue dots first so that way you know were you want it. then just seal it aroun the sides of the foam. worked great for my foam helmet.

Il a dit:
": Happy bonjour je suis nouveau sur ce site je m'appelle Bruno et je suis tombé par hasard sur votre page Ta réplique est supérieure ou tu les plans parce que je voudrais aussi faire partie des bâtisseurs de l'extrême-je! suis un homme de fer fane. Si vous aviez des plans pourrait-tu à me les envoyer sur mon email. avec l'échelle si possible de façon à pouvoir recopier sans problème de taille ! merci à toi!

I love both of those ideas. I did put velco on the side of the build im doing. but it was so hard getting it to line up right when trying to put it on. I like the idea of the back though. But i would love to see some pics of your idea if its not too much trouble army navy. Thanks guys !!

the way i got mine to line up was i put everythng together, then i hot glued the clip on the bottom side of the neck piece. when it was dry i took my x-acto knife and just cut the foam, that way no matter what it'll always line up. i'll take pics today i got busy trying to put extra butt parts together to hide mine from showing. i'll send pics today when i get home for sure... I glued it to the piece that rest on the shoulders and not the neck area.
I have a pic of what I used, I used the small clip not the large one.

: Happy bonjour je suis nouveau sur ce site je m'appelle Bruno et je suis tombé par hasard sur votre page Ta réplique est supérieure ou tu les plans parce que je voudrais aussi faire partie des bâtisseurs de l'extrême-je! suis un homme de fer fane. Si vous aviez des plans pourrait-tu à me les envoyer sur mon email. avec l'échelle si possible de façon à pouvoir recopier sans problème de taille ! merci à toi!
Happy hello I am new to this site my name is Bruno and I stumbled upon your page Your reply is greater than or plans you because I want to be part of the builders of the extreme-I! 'm an iron man fades. If you had plans could you send them to me on my email. with scale if possible so you can easily copy size! thank you!

hi i am unsure how to resize, i have pep viewer and can print templates just not sure how to resize, can u help please im sure its simple and i am just stoopid! lol

hi i am unsure how to resize, i have pep viewer and can print templates just not sure how to resize, can u help please im sure its simple and i am just stoopid! lol

First you need pep designer not the viewer. Then second search the forums for resizing. Tons of threads on it. Cherios!

View attachment 118659
View attachment 118660
Thanks everyone on this thread... Didn't post much if anything but you all had a big hand in helping me make this costume!!! left out the neck do to head movement.Gloves and boots because the party was at the beginning of the month on the 6th! So got lazy and day came and went.big thanks again!!

Wasup everybody
I cant wait I just ordered 2 servos a push button
and the (electric board is from Jim here on this site)
I already have leds for the eyes
But Im still on bondo and sanding and waiting for shipping
Really cant wait
thx to everybody

So I was browsing some of the IM builds and ran across the build that BlackDynamo1 made last year. Its a really great build. check it out HERE I was wondering if anyone can create some template for some of the areas that are still exposed like what Delray did in his build. I have attached pics for reference from his build showing what I am talking about. The three pieces I would be mainly worried about would be the inner arm where the forearm and bicep join, the back of the kneee area, and the larger piece being the upper thigh addon. I think these would really help to complete the builds a bit more. thoughts? templates? thanks!

backleg_zps05a31fd1.jpg

innerarm_zps3edefafe.jpg

Robot20A_zps269300f7.jpg

Robot20Thigh20Inner_zps7526c268.jpg

Ant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back