Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

i just realized that putting my printer in landscape mode shrunk all the peices.... maybe thats why everything is so small... gonna have to start over. ugh...

if i leave it in portrait mode, the pieces come out much bigger.

you have to look at the 2d screen on the right, if the pages are in landscape, you have to match it with the printer settings.

That's why it's asking you if it can change the scale when you print.
You really need to look at the measurements.
I'm assuming you're not scaling the parts and just printing them out from the files by default scale?

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

I finally finished my suit to a point where i am happy with it.
Thanks again for all the tips and tricks from members of this forum....without you guys my project wouldn't even have left my computer screen:)

Feel free to check out my thread for more pics
SDC10017.jpg

you have to look at the 2d screen on the right, if the pages are in landscape, you have to match it with the printer settings.

That's why it's asking you if it can change the scale when you print.
You really need to look at the measurements.
I'm assuming you're not scaling the parts and just printing them out from the files by default scale?

Yea unfortunately i dont have time to do the measurements and i have to print everything in a rush at work because thays the only printer i have access too.

i just realized that putting my printer in landscape mode shrunk all the peices.... maybe thats why everything is so small... gonna have to start over. ugh...

if i leave it in portrait mode, the pieces come out much bigger.

the only one i put in landscape was the helmet portion of the files everything else is regular.

I finally finished my suit to a point where i am happy with it.
Thanks again for all the tips and tricks from members of this forum....without you guys my project wouldn't even have left my computer screen:)

Feel free to check out my thread for more pics
SDC10017.jpg

nice built, all i have to do is paint my boots and one of the hand plates.

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build and "Green" Vers

Thanks for putting these up. Im a beginner and i can use all the help I can get. Three days ago I didn't know this existed. I'm attempting to build an iron man. Problem is I have an iMac. I'm using what you have here as a guide. There are just a few parts on the shoulder that I can't quite figure out. How do you know exactly where everything goes?

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build and "Green" Vers

Thanks for putting these up. Im a beginner and i can use all the help I can get. Three days ago I didn't know this existed. I'm attempting to build an iron man. Problem is I have an iMac. I'm using what you have here as a guide. There are just a few parts on the shoulder that I can't quite figure out. How do you know exactly where everything goes?

I'm assuming you're using PDF files?

I'd suggest getting some kind of windows installed on that iMac. I've seen people do it. Look into that.

So that you can run pepakura Designer.
It's pretty tough to not have the software.

basically, we know how it goes together because we have the actual software.
it tells you what goes where.

Here's the modded MK4 chest file

MK4_CHEST_modded.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

MK4_CHEST_modded.jpg

and the pdf if you want it

IM_MK4_CHEST_FOAM.7z - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

QUOTE=dabiddabird -Following in Jowe's footsteps. Here's my modded foam file from Stealth/Robo for the Mark VI Chest. (For those, like me, that want the detail lines to be part of the construction process.

MarkVIchest.jpg

IM_Mark 6_Chest_ -STEALTH Foam Edit Modded- LETTER.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Do you have this one in pdf?

Hey Stealth, how did you do the battle scar across the eye for the helm? i just messed up my helm and need to cover something up :(

Do you have this one in pdf?

I don't sorry.

Hey Stealth, how did you do the battle scar across the eye for the helm? i just messed up my helm and need to cover something up :(

I just used a hot soldering iron and just kept engraving it. I'm sure there are better ways to do it. Maybe a rotary tool would be better. Then I just dry brushed some silver over it.

I want to do it a bit better next time.

I just used a hot soldering iron and just kept engraving it. I'm sure there are better ways to do it. Maybe a rotary tool would be better. Then I just dry brushed some silver over it.

I want to do it a bit better next time.

I gotcha, mine is actually made of a thin plastic because I messed up my first one and I bought one. Can I use dry brushing on it?

Hi everybody
Im in a race with time when I started the suit there was 55 days left before Halloween
Here where Im at for now let me knoiw what you guys think about it

How is everyone doing the padding in the helmet? Do you just put some on all 4 sides to keep it in place?

some put padding. some put a "halo" inside that fits the top of their head.

okay folks. For the life of me, i have searched and searched and cant find an answer. ont the neck piece. how does anyone here seperate it and fasten it ? i tried velcro on both sides. but that just made it impossible to put on. Can I get a little help please ??!!

why not just put velcro on one side?

seal the otherside, and just worry about fastening it on the other.

Or cut down the middle back, and put the velcro there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back